Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any use for AirFrance miles for a United flyer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM

A client bought me a paid J tickets on AF SFO-CDG. Rarely fly them, but would have put those miles on Alaska...but they are stopping that partnership so it's not possible for this flight. I pretty much just fly StarA carriers and Alaska, II never fly Delta. I am wondering if there is a FTer out there that might suggest where I could put these AF miles so that they just don't evaporate? Anything to consider for a UA flyer?
Old May 6, 2018, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I don't think there's anything possibly UA related here.
Old May 6, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think DL Skymiles expire. Who knows, you might encounter a need for them some time in the future.
Old May 6, 2018, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
I don't think DL Skymiles expire. Who knows, you might encounter a need for them some time in the future.
+1. Credit to DL.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Credit to DL and let them sit there. Never know when you want to fly PHL-NYC where UA doesn't operate.
Old May 7, 2018, 12:42 am

Red face

Originally Posted by JHake10
Credit to DL and let them sit there. Never know when you want to fly PHL-NYC where UA doesn't operate.
Flying PHL-JFK/LGA seems like a special kind of torture when Amtrak takes barely over an hour on that route.

But yeah, agreed, credit to Skymiles. You can always use them for magazines or something.
Old May 7, 2018, 1:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You can actually get some good DL domestic redemptions from time to time.

They're also an AMEX transfer partner, so you can top off the account with MR and book CI to Asia.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:05 am

Programs: Some...
You can also credit the miles to AF anyway.
There might be some "good" use of Flying blue miles that matches your upcoming needs (a flight to Hawaii)?

With a J ticket SFO/CDG, even without status, you'll earn a lot of miles...
Old May 10, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
I’d be torn. I have use for both Flying Blue and Delta miles, but I have actually found it easier to redeem FB lately. For example, Guam to Sydney for 37,500 miles as wel as the Hawaii redemptions.

Might be worthwhile the OP Googling “Flying Blue award sweet spots“.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.