Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened - 4 January 2022

United Airlines Unveils United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport
Lounge is first of four United Polaris lounges expected to open this year

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2018
-- Beginning April 30, customers traveling in United Polaris, the airline's international premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the new United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92.
United Polaris Lounge at SFO Facts & Highlights
  • Two levels across more than 28,000 square feet
  • 440 seats
  • 19 different types of seating
  • 492 power outlets and 492 USB ports
  • 8 pieces of art by prominent Bay Area artists, all San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art (SECA) Art Award honorees
  • 5 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 8 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • "The Dining Room" – a private restaurant style dining area with a menu designed by Chef Tritia Gestuvo, a California native, that blends international comfort foods — such as a traditional Chinese congee breakfast and hand-cut pappardelle pasta with mushroom ragout — with staples like the United Polaris Burger
  • A bistro-like buffet that includes a ramen noodle bar in the afternoon and additional unique-to-San Francisco treats that align with the flight schedule and destinations of United and Star Alliance partners
  • Cocktails inspired by the Bay Area, including the Mai Tai, invented in Oakland in 1944, and the Pisco Punch, featuring pisco which became all the rage during the California Gold Rush of 1849
For more photos of the United Polaris lounge at SFO, visit the United Newsroom
Originally Posted by djsflynn
... Also and for those interested, here's a link to download a PDF (10.5MB) copy of the Polaris SFO menus, as provided to media in the press pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjv4i9s97g...0Menu.pdf?dl=0
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-SFO

Hours - 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily
reportedly a la carte dining closes at 9PM

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Beet tartare done the right way can be awesome.
I dunno, seems almost DOT complaint-worthy as a misleading and deceptive practice
flyme2, narvik and worldclubber like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Beet tartare done the right way can be awesome. It‘s all just about expectation when you think you ordered beef tartare ...

(and nobody „sees“ the t in beet, as your brain autocorrects what „cannot be“ to f)

Glad you enjoyed it.
Except if you really dislike beets -- like I do -- biting into a beet tartare when you are expecting a beef tartare can be a very nasty surprise.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by SS255
Except if you really dislike beets -- like I do -- biting into a beet tartare when you are expecting a beef tartare can be a very nasty surprise.
Well, that‘s a completely different story then.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SS255
Don't use your miles on LH F in that case - though it's actually their perennial beet and goat cheese or some variant thereof that got me into loving beets versus grudgingly tolerating them.

In other news, having looked forward to exploring the new lounge menu this evening, it just struck me that I'm flying out on AC via YVR tonight and thus will be slumming it with the masses in the Centurion lounge instead.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rdchen
Would the dinner table service still be available at 10:30pm? TIA
I was once told 11p is the end of dinner. I haven't tested that.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
It ends much earlier (around 9 pm) on nights there is no CTU departure.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
It ends much earlier (around 9 pm) on nights there is no CTU departure.
Indeed, cheap as usual.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:33 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by fumje
Last call for food was at 9:30 last night.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I tried the beet tartare last week and found it to be very nicely-presented. I'm a big beet fan and these were a solid effort. I also liked the sourdough crostini. This is a winner in my book.

We also had the cedar plank salmon, which was interesting. The first thing I noted was that the portion of salmon is positively tiny, and there was no cedar plank to be found. It was presented in a bowl with a massive serving of the pea puree, which, while tasty, overwhelmed the salmon. If the proportions of protein to sauce to garnish were more appropriate, it would be a good dish.

Customary 30-minute wait for a table at noon, but service was friendly and efficient. Opted for desserts from the buffet and was not disappointed. I hadn't been to the SFO PL in a few months and found the food service to be better than my recollection, though after a first-time visit to the LAX PL, I would put SFO's dining behind it.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Beautiful day at SFO - only cloud cover is along the coast in the distance and above the United planes at the G gates.

Lina is not at bar right now, so this isn’t the perfect cloud cover - but it’ll do...

kirkwoodj, nomad420 and tstauck like this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:19 pm

Uh, I'll be at SFO with PL access. Too bad the menu changed. Was looking forward to the crab soup, fish cake thing and pasta. Looks like the menu has changed for the worse - all starts out great and then it's downhill from there. The only thing that looks remotely tasty is the Polaris burger - for me minus the bacon and egg and aioli.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Just finished a quick meal at the “restaurant”. I had the spring salad and chicken yakitori. Both were ok featuring the relatively small portion I’ve come to expect (actually a good thing for preboarding IMHO”.

Guy across from me with his family had a small meltdown because the pasta was no longer on the menu. I felt sorry for the wait staff.

While it was quiet when I entered, it wasn’t long before one guy was watching videos with the speakers on full and another guy seated next to me trying to broker some show tickets
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Polaris Lounge coasters don’t make good hood ornaments...

greg99, EWR764, kirkwoodj and 2 others like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 7:00 pm

polaris lounge sfo

I’ll be flying in J on SQ from Sfo to hkg next month and the flight is at 1am. I believe SQ uses the Polaris lounge for their passengers. I heard that there wont be any hot food serve i. The polaris lounge after 10pm. Can someone confirm if there’s still hot food and the dining area is still open after 10pm? Otherwise, could i go to another star alliance lounge for some hot food thats decent? If yes, Any recommendations?
Old May 10, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
From the wiki

Hours - 6:30 AM-1AM
reportedly a la carte dining closes at 11:15pm on Mon, Wed and Saturday while 9:15pm the rest of the week
There are more reports in this thread about timings as well.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 10, 2019 at 7:51 pm Reason: cleanup after merge; thanks for the link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.