Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened - 4 January 2022

United Airlines Unveils United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport
Lounge is first of four United Polaris lounges expected to open this year

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2018
-- Beginning April 30, customers traveling in United Polaris, the airline's international premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the new United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92.
United Polaris Lounge at SFO Facts & Highlights
  • Two levels across more than 28,000 square feet
  • 440 seats
  • 19 different types of seating
  • 492 power outlets and 492 USB ports
  • 8 pieces of art by prominent Bay Area artists, all San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art (SECA) Art Award honorees
  • 5 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 8 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • "The Dining Room" – a private restaurant style dining area with a menu designed by Chef Tritia Gestuvo, a California native, that blends international comfort foods — such as a traditional Chinese congee breakfast and hand-cut pappardelle pasta with mushroom ragout — with staples like the United Polaris Burger
  • A bistro-like buffet that includes a ramen noodle bar in the afternoon and additional unique-to-San Francisco treats that align with the flight schedule and destinations of United and Star Alliance partners
  • Cocktails inspired by the Bay Area, including the Mai Tai, invented in Oakland in 1944, and the Pisco Punch, featuring pisco which became all the rage during the California Gold Rush of 1849
For more photos of the United Polaris lounge at SFO, visit the United Newsroom
Originally Posted by djsflynn
... Also and for those interested, here's a link to download a PDF (10.5MB) copy of the Polaris SFO menus, as provided to media in the press pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjv4i9s97g...0Menu.pdf?dl=0
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-SFO

Hours - 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily
reportedly a la carte dining closes at 9PM

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
a heads up so people don't make the same mistake I did...there's a beeT tartare on the menu which I mistook for beeF tartare...I don't mind beets, but not by itself. So I ordered a burger and had it with the burger, making it an Aussie-style Polaris burger.

the guy who sat at the table next to me made the same mistake too.

Last edited by sol95; Apr 9, 2019 at 1:50 am
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond

Here’s a pic of the new menu
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:22 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I'm a little sad to see the pasta go. I thought it was really good.
greg99 and iwc like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sol95
a heads up so people don't make the same mistake I did...there's a beeT tartare on the menu which I mistook for beeF tartare...I don't mind beets, but not by itself. So I ordered a burger and had it with the burger, making it an Aussie-style Polaris burger.

the guy who sat at the table next to me made the same mistake too.
But they are nice: the menu indicates that it's "VEG". If I ask for a beef tartare and it's "VEG" it might be tofu which is disgusting.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
But they are nice: the menu indicates that it's "VEG". If I ask for a beef tartare and it's "VEG" it might be tofu which is disgusting.
yeah, i realised the “VEG” afterwards. In my defence, I hadn’t had much sleep as I was trying adjust to the timezone I’d be travelling to, so I missed what I’d normally pick up.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Props for converting something that sounds rather odd (beet tartare ) to something great (~Kiwiburger)!
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
At SFO, we get "Beet Tartare." At LAX, they get tacos. Life is grossly unfair sometimes.
iluv2fly, JAaronT and EWR764 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:52 am

yeah, i realised the “VEG” afterwards. In my defence, I hadn’t had much sleep as I was trying adjust to the timezone I’d be travelling to, so I missed what I’d normally pick up.
Personally it would be the Riesling wine pairing that would tip me off.
cricketer likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kacee
At SFO, we get "Beet Tartare." At LAX, they get tacos. Life is grossly unfair sometimes.
HA! I read this as beef tartare, and thought to myself, "wow, that's actually a pretty impressive menu!"

I'll be through tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to trying the cedar plank salmon. Will report on any other changes I notice.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by EWR764
HA! I read this as beef tartare, and thought to myself, "wow, that's actually a pretty impressive menu!"
If you want beef tartare, both the LX FCL at ZRH and the LH FCL at MUC have it. Both are excellent (had them on the same day on a MUC-ZRH-LAX routing recently for comparison) and the jury is still out which is better. (pic of the ZRH version as example)

cesco.g, EWR764 and narvik like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by worldclubber
If you want beef tartare, both the LX FCL at ZRH and the LH FCL at MUC have it. Both are excellent (had them on the same day on a MUC-ZRH-LAX routing recently for comparison) and the jury is still out which is better. (pic of the ZRH version as example)
Magnificently presented for an airline lounge (heck, anywhere!). Partner F products are always a treat for this primarily UA-metal flyer.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
Magnificently presented for an airline lounge (heck, anywhere!). Partner F products are always a treat for this primarily UA-metal flyer.
Thank you! Both MUC and ZRH FCLs are a real treat, I prefer even prefer them to the "famed" FCTerminal at FRA.

Will be at SFO next week and at the LAX Polaris lounge for the first time the week after, to check out whether it is better than the F section of the *A lounge at TBIT. Unfortunately, nobody has posted a new menu of the LAX lounge yet, if they changed early in April as the SFO Polaris lounge did.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by worldclubber
...Unfortunately, nobody has posted a new menu of the LAX lounge yet, if they changed early in April as the SFO Polaris lounge did.
I'm passing through LAX Polaris lounge tomorrow. I've been looking forward to the tacos and fish and chips. If menu has changed before I get chance to try 'em, I'll post it. I'm guessing since lounge hasn't been open that long, menu hasn't changed.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I'm passing through LAX Polaris lounge tomorrow. I've been looking forward to the tacos and fish and chips. If menu has changed before I get chance to try 'em, I'll post it. I'm guessing since lounge hasn't been open that long, menu hasn't changed.
Thank you, that would be very much appreciated. Could you post in the LAX Polaris lounge thread whether the menu has changed or not, and maybe a picture of the current menu?

I am planning to check-in at TBIT, go to the *A lounge, leave my carry-on there at the tiny F section and then walk airside to the Polaris lounge. Will take a quick look at the a la carte menu at the *A lounge first and so it would be helpful to know what the current food offering at the Polaris lounge is.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
They were on the menu 12 days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.