Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened - 4 January 2022

United Airlines Unveils United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport
Lounge is first of four United Polaris lounges expected to open this year

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2018
-- Beginning April 30, customers traveling in United Polaris, the airline's international premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the new United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92.
United Polaris Lounge at SFO Facts & Highlights
  • Two levels across more than 28,000 square feet
  • 440 seats
  • 19 different types of seating
  • 492 power outlets and 492 USB ports
  • 8 pieces of art by prominent Bay Area artists, all San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art (SECA) Art Award honorees
  • 5 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 8 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • "The Dining Room" – a private restaurant style dining area with a menu designed by Chef Tritia Gestuvo, a California native, that blends international comfort foods — such as a traditional Chinese congee breakfast and hand-cut pappardelle pasta with mushroom ragout — with staples like the United Polaris Burger
  • A bistro-like buffet that includes a ramen noodle bar in the afternoon and additional unique-to-San Francisco treats that align with the flight schedule and destinations of United and Star Alliance partners
  • Cocktails inspired by the Bay Area, including the Mai Tai, invented in Oakland in 1944, and the Pisco Punch, featuring pisco which became all the rage during the California Gold Rush of 1849
For more photos of the United Polaris lounge at SFO, visit the United Newsroom
Originally Posted by djsflynn
... Also and for those interested, here's a link to download a PDF (10.5MB) copy of the Polaris SFO menus, as provided to media in the press pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjv4i9s97g...0Menu.pdf?dl=0
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-SFO

Hours - 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily
reportedly a la carte dining closes at 9PM

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ryu2
As of April 2
Never mind
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by malgudi
Never mind
the veg entree is the five mushroom ramen, I was tempted by it! I’m sure it was better than the burger
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nexus7556
the veg entree is the five mushroom ramen, I was tempted by it! I’m sure it was better than the burger
It might be better at SFO PL. The ramen at IAD PL was horrible😂
Old Apr 30, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Menu has not changed since it opened in January. I recommend the cheese plate as either the appetizer or desert.
Thx for the pic...

I tried and recommend the Corn Chowder soup and Baby gem salad, followed by 5 Mushroom Ramen, paired with Red WIne... It was sumptuous and filling!

Recommend finishing it with the Olive Oil Choc Cake.... (the cookie / ice cream combo has too much sugar).

Service was extraordinary!
Old May 1, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA silver
Any recent experience re: last call for dinner seating? Will be on SFO-SIN later this week. thx!
Old May 26, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
missed out on the re-opening of the LAX polaris lounge by a few days recently so keen to try polaris again....looks like will have chance to go to polaris sfo lounge soon..
looking for some advice how worthwhile is taking some time to visit the sfo polaris?
i can get the NRT-SFO flight 1710 arrive 1045 connecting at 1300 or the connection at 1619 ... im presuming people will say not worth bothering staying that long in the lounge but on the short connection with immigration pretty sure wont have time to have food etc(?)
Old May 26, 2022, 11:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
An hour is plenty of time for a PL visit, sit down dining might be tight / rushed but there is the buffet, The longer connection would be plenty ot time but you you rather have a long lounge visit or get to where you are going sooner. That will vary on the individual and the trip.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
The issue with the sit-down restaurant will be if you can get it. The last time I was there I had to wait about 20-25 minutes before there was space.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks-does the sfo polaris have lockers to store hand luggage?
Old May 29, 2022, 10:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks-does the sfo polaris have lockers to store hand luggage?
No - See SFO Storage Facilities
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by 9gromit9
Any recent experience re: last call for dinner seating? Will be on SFO-SIN later this week. thx!
Curious about this as well. Also curious if folks have any predictions/information as to whether general operating hours will eventually return to previous hours? I've got my eye on a late night departure on a partner airline that it would be nice to have the PL for.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:05 am

If I'm flying from SFO to LHR but via EWR (same itinerary), am I able to access the Polaris lounge in the SFO international terminal? I know I should be able to but would I actually be able to get to the lounge given that my SFO-EWR flight is internal and the Polaris lounge is past international security?

Thanks.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by contractor
If I'm flying from SFO to LHR but via EWR (same itinerary), am I able to access the Polaris lounge in the SFO international terminal? I know I should be able to but would I actually be able to get to the lounge given that my SFO-EWR flight is internal and the Polaris lounge is past international security?

Thanks.
Yes, if you are flying UA in business class. 😊
contractor likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Yes, if you are flying UA in business class. 😊
Great, yes I am! Thanks for that - I'll head for that lounge...
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by contractor
I know I should be able to but would I actually be able to get to the lounge given that my SFO-EWR flight is internal and the Polaris lounge is past international security?

Thanks.
The terminal at SFO where international UA flights depart and where the Polaris lounge is located, is connected to the domestic gates via a walkway connector. So you can access the Polaris lounge without having to re-clear security. Depending on what gate your domestic flight is departing from, it can be a bit of a hike (to use a Philly term :-) ) but definitely doable.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.