Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened - 4 January 2022

United Airlines Unveils United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport
Lounge is first of four United Polaris lounges expected to open this year

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2018
-- Beginning April 30, customers traveling in United Polaris, the airline's international premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the new United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92.
United Polaris Lounge at SFO Facts & Highlights
  • Two levels across more than 28,000 square feet
  • 440 seats
  • 19 different types of seating
  • 492 power outlets and 492 USB ports
  • 8 pieces of art by prominent Bay Area artists, all San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art (SECA) Art Award honorees
  • 5 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 8 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • "The Dining Room" – a private restaurant style dining area with a menu designed by Chef Tritia Gestuvo, a California native, that blends international comfort foods — such as a traditional Chinese congee breakfast and hand-cut pappardelle pasta with mushroom ragout — with staples like the United Polaris Burger
  • A bistro-like buffet that includes a ramen noodle bar in the afternoon and additional unique-to-San Francisco treats that align with the flight schedule and destinations of United and Star Alliance partners
  • Cocktails inspired by the Bay Area, including the Mai Tai, invented in Oakland in 1944, and the Pisco Punch, featuring pisco which became all the rage during the California Gold Rush of 1849
For more photos of the United Polaris lounge at SFO, visit the United Newsroom
Originally Posted by djsflynn
... Also and for those interested, here's a link to download a PDF (10.5MB) copy of the Polaris SFO menus, as provided to media in the press pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjv4i9s97g...0Menu.pdf?dl=0
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-SFO

Hours - 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily
reportedly a la carte dining closes at 9PM

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
By selling more J seats on UA and its JV partners. They already made a sale to me that would otherwise have gone elsewhere.
^

Back at the ORD lounge it can be difficult to find a spot in the dining area during peak hours.
Wondering, how many out of the 440 seats are at sit down dining in SFO ?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by cesco.g
^

Back at the ORD lounge it can be difficult to find a spot in the dining area during peak hours.
Wondering, how many out of the 440 seats are at sit down dining in SFO ?
Yes, this is the one place where the operation is clearly undersized, in clear contrast to the rest of lounge which, as many have noted, is huge. The temptation for an entirely free meal at sit-down full service restaurant that appears reasonably elegant will be very large, and I think the restaurant will be overwhelmed -- and unusable for most pax -- from day one onwards.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K

Words used today were “United bought the space all the way back” referring to the area where the Dining Room is.

Arrivals Lounge stays - no changes planned was the official answer.
Will they renovate the arrivals lounge to match the new Polaris aesthetic?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:54 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by JFKflyer26
Will they renovate the arrivals lounge to match the new Polaris aesthetic?
That lounge is intended to be closed.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:58 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TA
That lounge is intended to be closed.
Where did you hear or see that?
Others have report UA saying the SFO Arrivals Lounge will remain.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Looking forward to using it 5/7 on my SFO-MUC run! Since the construction started I have been arriving just in time to depart but for this trip I will head out to SFO a bit early to check it out for sure. Any official stats available on the new club, size, seating, amenities, etc...?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 28, 2018 at 1:24 pm Reason: Moved to new thread
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by nomad420
.... Any official stats available on the new club, size, seating, amenities, etc...?
See press release in wiki
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Where did you hear or see that?
Stated on TPG (without attribution). SFO Polaris Lounge First Look

I believe I saw it reported elsewhere as well, and that UA would offer some sort of gate pass for arriving pax so they could use Polaris even if SFO was their final destination.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: United 1K
Hi, does a J ticket SFO-YYZ-BOM on AC allow me to enter?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by dcaflyer979
Likely no, North American flights don't qualify for Polaris Lounge The transborder flights on AC have been a bit of a hot issue at SFO, but seems the plan is a no.

Note for *A flights, it depends on the departure flight from that airport. For UA Polaris itineraries, connecting airports qualify.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Likely no, North American flights don't qualify for Polaris Lounge The transborder flights on AC have been a bit of a hot issue at SFO, but seems the plan is a no.

Note for *A flights, it depends on the departure flight from that airport. For UA Polaris itineraries, connecting airports qualify.
That would blow.

There are often J Saver awards which route through AC for TATL or TPAC. Those awards cost just as much as flights which don't route through AC.

Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dcaflyer979
Not under the rules as published.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: None anymore
I just walked by 30 minutes ago on my way to the old GFL, hoping that it would be open a day early - spoiler, it wasn't.

They had some ladders set up inside and were working on something.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by TA
That (arrival) lounge is intended to be closed.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Stated on TPG (without attribution). SFO Polaris Lounge First Look

I believe I saw it reported elsewhere as well, and that UA would offer some sort of gate pass for arriving pax so they could use Polaris even if SFO was their final destination.
I will be disappointed if they close the arrival lounge but if so, I hope they will transfer the personnel to the Polaris lounge as I have always found them to be very helpful and accommodating.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill
I will be disappointed if they close the arrival lounge but if so, I hope they will transfer the personnel to the Polaris lounge as I have always found them to be very helpful and accommodating.
And pray that IFL personnel don't come close to the Polaris Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.