Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened - 4 January 2022

United Airlines Unveils United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport
Lounge is first of four United Polaris lounges expected to open this year

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2018
-- Beginning April 30, customers traveling in United Polaris, the airline's international premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the new United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92.
United Polaris Lounge at SFO Facts & Highlights
  • Two levels across more than 28,000 square feet
  • 440 seats
  • 19 different types of seating
  • 492 power outlets and 492 USB ports
  • 8 pieces of art by prominent Bay Area artists, all San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art (SECA) Art Award honorees
  • 5 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 8 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • "The Dining Room" – a private restaurant style dining area with a menu designed by Chef Tritia Gestuvo, a California native, that blends international comfort foods — such as a traditional Chinese congee breakfast and hand-cut pappardelle pasta with mushroom ragout — with staples like the United Polaris Burger
  • A bistro-like buffet that includes a ramen noodle bar in the afternoon and additional unique-to-San Francisco treats that align with the flight schedule and destinations of United and Star Alliance partners
  • Cocktails inspired by the Bay Area, including the Mai Tai, invented in Oakland in 1944, and the Pisco Punch, featuring pisco which became all the rage during the California Gold Rush of 1849
For more photos of the United Polaris lounge at SFO, visit the United Newsroom
Originally Posted by djsflynn
... Also and for those interested, here's a link to download a PDF (10.5MB) copy of the Polaris SFO menus, as provided to media in the press pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjv4i9s97g...0Menu.pdf?dl=0
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-SFO

Hours - 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily
reportedly a la carte dining closes at 9PM

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Old Jun 7, 2020, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Governator
Could someone please advise me? If I'm on a HNL-SFO-LAX-ZRH flight with first two legs in UA FC and last leg LX FC, would I have SFO Polaris access? The way I read the rules I think not.
Correct, no SFO access with LAX-ZRH served by LX.

Also, no reopening date for any Polaris Lounges announced.
Governator likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:03 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
It'll be interesting to see the state of the lounge, whenever it reopens.

Maybe they will change the company who was doing the catering.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 2:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by exp
... Maybe they will change the company who was doing the catering.
Suspect UA has a longterm contract (with Sodexo for PL) and as part of the closure might have agreed to extend it.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened - 4 January 2022

My S.O. is currently transiting from an TPE-SFO-EWR flight and reports that the SFO Polaris lounge is open! He said there was a suit and tie welcoming committee. The staff are eager and friendly but very unfamiliar with the menu. Unfortunately, he has a tight connection, but is grabbing a quick bite and sent me some pictures!

Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 2MM
rittenhousesq - Thank you for posting. Excellent news. 😊

Hopefully soon someone can comment on the wine and champagne on offer. 🥂
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
rittenhousesq - Thank you for posting. Excellent news. 😊

Hopefully soon someone can comment on the wine and champagne on offer. 🥂
And the cocktail menu

I’d like to try the cioppino - the one CO used to serve onboard was good, in the day…
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Additional SFO Polaris photos

Rather than editing my existing post, here are some additional photos from this morning's SFO Polaris lounge opening.

Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
Rather than editing my existing post, here are some additional photos from this morning's SFO Polaris lounge opening.
Thanks to you and your SO for providing the updates and photos. So glad they stuck to the scheduled opening. I was due to fly out of SFO tomorrow, but have pushed it back a couple of weeks. Excited to get there and to the LHR UC soon.
rittenhousesq likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
From photos, looks like they've blocked off the back area for now (ie beyond the agents). Makes sense, considering reduction in passengers using PL currently. And kind of nice they made it look nice instead of using some "out of order" tape or something like that.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
From photos, looks like they've blocked off the back area for now (ie beyond the agents). Makes sense, considering reduction in passengers using PL currently. And kind of nice they made it look nice instead of using some "out of order" tape or something like that.
Perfectly reasonable given the massive size of the lounge, dramatically reduced number of flights and light(er) loads. Goes without saying this is far preferable to see the lounge open with reduced footprint as opposed to outright closure.
nnn likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened Today

The SFO Polaris lounge reopened today – Idid not see any notice given and the UA website still only said "early 2022" for reopening when I checked last night. So it might be a soft reopening, but it's open as Ms ual1960 just sent a pic from inside.
(Thanks in advance to mods for moving this to an appropriate place, the SFO Polaris Wiki seemed defunct with the newest post from June 2020.)
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:30 pm

Does anyone have the dessert menu?
cricketer and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Does anyone have the dessert menu?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: United Plat

Photos taken at lunch time today
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by stanj
Thanks to you and your SO for providing the updates and photos. .
Glad to be of service. He had to delay his original flight back from TPE for two days because of the difficulty of getting a COVID test over the New Years weekend. When I realized he would then be in SFO today, he was given STRICT orders to check out the lounge and take photos! :-) He said he was one of the very first people to enter the lounge. His flight from TPE and a flight from India were the only ones arriving that time of morning (according to what he was told at the lounge).
renila, stanj, MatthewLAX and 3 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.