Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
SFO Polaris Lounge Reopened - 4 January 2022

United Airlines Unveils United Polaris Lounge at San Francisco International Airport
Lounge is first of four United Polaris lounges expected to open this year

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25, 2018
-- Beginning April 30, customers traveling in United Polaris, the airline's international premium cabin travel experience, will be able to relax and dine prior to their travels or refresh upon arrival in the new United Polaris lounge at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) conveniently located in the International Terminal near Gate G92.
United Polaris Lounge at SFO Facts & Highlights
  • Two levels across more than 28,000 square feet
  • 440 seats
  • 19 different types of seating
  • 492 power outlets and 492 USB ports
  • 8 pieces of art by prominent Bay Area artists, all San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) Society for the Encouragement of Contemporary Art (SECA) Art Award honorees
  • 5 private daybeds outfitted with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding
  • 8 luxurious shower suites, featuring rainfall showers and Soho House & Co's Cowshed Spa products
  • Personal valet services, including steaming garments
  • "The Dining Room" – a private restaurant style dining area with a menu designed by Chef Tritia Gestuvo, a California native, that blends international comfort foods — such as a traditional Chinese congee breakfast and hand-cut pappardelle pasta with mushroom ragout — with staples like the United Polaris Burger
  • A bistro-like buffet that includes a ramen noodle bar in the afternoon and additional unique-to-San Francisco treats that align with the flight schedule and destinations of United and Star Alliance partners
  • Cocktails inspired by the Bay Area, including the Mai Tai, invented in Oakland in 1944, and the Pisco Punch, featuring pisco which became all the rage during the California Gold Rush of 1849
For more photos of the United Polaris lounge at SFO, visit the United Newsroom
Originally Posted by djsflynn
... Also and for those interested, here's a link to download a PDF (10.5MB) copy of the Polaris SFO menus, as provided to media in the press pack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jjv4i9s97g...0Menu.pdf?dl=0
Access to Polaris lounges (source):

update 29 Sept 2017, effective 1 Oct 2017
Trans-border flights (Canada, Mexico, ..) for UA and partner flights do not qualify

Departure: The airport you are leaving on an international J/F flight* from, i.e. SFO-TPE
Connecting: The airport to or from which you have a short-haul flight to connect to a longer flight, i.e. LAX-SFO-NRT or NRT-SFO-LAX
Arrival: The airport you arrive at after your long-haul flight, i.e. NRT-SFO

Hours - 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily
reportedly a la carte dining closes at 9PM

Related Threads:
Polaris Lounge Roadmap 2017-2018 (wiki) (thread)
EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
ORD Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
IAH Polaris lounge (E11/12 - top fl) -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...
SFO G UC closed, reopens as Polaris Lounge 30 Apr, old GFL is intl prem cabin lounge
Consolidated "Polaris Lounge Access Questions" Thread
Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Now I wish I had gotten the profiterole last week even though I wasn't hungry.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:52 pm

will we be able to use any lounge?

We will be flying an award flight from SFO-IAH-IST-ATH, the first segment SFO-IAH will be in United economy, the remaining segments will be in Turkish Airlines in business, all in one ticket, with the same confirmation number.

My questions:
1. Is there any lounge we will be able to use in SFO?
2. Is the Polaris lounge opened yet in IAH?

Thanks,
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by lililolo
1. Is there any lounge we will be able to use in SFO?
If anyone in your traveling party is UA*G, you would be able to access United Clubs in SFO {clar - one guest per, plus each UA*G}; otherwise no.

2. Is the Polaris lounge opened yet in IAH?
The IAH Polaris Lounge opens to regular pax on Friday, June 29.

Last edited by findark; Jun 24, 2018 at 8:05 pm
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:30 pm

Thank you for your prompt and helpful advice.

One more question: Will we be able to use the IAH Polaris lounge with a business ticket IAH-IST-ATH? Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
One more question: Will we be able to use the IAH Polaris lounge with a business ticket IAH-IST-ATH? Thanks.
Yes, a departure on a (long-haul) Star Alliance flight in Business will grant you Polaris Lounge access in IAH.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC

Love this place. If it only has 15% of the people in 50% of the size I would think I was almost in an F lounge.

It’s fairly busy, still plenty of room. 3 open 2 tops and 2 4 tops in the dining room available. The dining room waiters are personable and professional.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by JVPhoto

Love this place. If it only has 15% of the people in 50% of the size I would think I was almost in an F lounge.

It’s fairly busy, still plenty of room. 3 open 2 tops and 2 4 tops in the dining room available. The dining room waiters are personable and professional.
If those photos are from the IAH Polaris, you could post here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-2018-a-6.html
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:39 pm

So there's a small table with alcohol in the corner of the dining room ... anyone know if it's self serve?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 24left
If those photos are from the IAH Polaris, you could post here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-2018-a-6.html
No...they are from SFO which is why I posted in the SFO thread.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
No...they are from SFO
which is why I posted in the SFO thread.
He wouldn’t have questioned VarsityPhoto
Old Jun 30, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status

That was exactly the meal that I had last week. I'm a big fan of the salad.
JVPhoto likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.3MM SPG LT Gold
SFO Polaris Lounge July 2018

July 1, 2108, afternoon service

cuthroat likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
A couple questions regarding the SFO lounge:

1. I assume the dining area is separate from the general seating area and buffet? So you may need to change seats at least once if you want to get a private spot to use your laptop so you're not taking up a table in the dining area for an extensive period of time? Can you order menu items from the general seating area? I have about 6 or so hours to kill in there tomorrow, but I understand and facility can get very crowded and I don't want to find I'm without a seat if I need to move around

2. how are the shower room temperatures? I generally go downstairs to the Arrivals Lounge because the room is very quiet by the time my Tokyo flight usually arrives, plus they've had lots of time to thoroughly clean the shower rooms after the morning rush, and there is one shower room they are able to crank the temperature way down into the 50s-60s for me which is where I like it. I absolutely hate warm or poorly ventilated shower rooms, so if this is the case with Polaris, I'll still go to the Arrivals Lounge to clean up and then come upstairs for lunch in Polaris on my way home vs going directly there after arrival.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by bocastephen

1. I assume the dining area is separate from the general seating area and buffet? So you may need to change seats at least once if you want to get a private spot to use your laptop so you're not taking up a table in the dining area for an extensive period of time? Can you order menu items from the general seating area? I have about 6 or so hours to kill in there tomorrow, but I understand and facility can get very crowded and I don't want to find I'm without a seat if I need to move around
You would have to change from The Dining Room to the general lounge after having the proper sit down meal, but honestly, there is so much space in that lounge, I cannot imagine you finding it "very crowded" and finding you are "without a seat". It's just that big.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen

2. how are the shower room temperatures? I generally go downstairs to the Arrivals Lounge because the room is very quiet by the time my Tokyo flight usually arrives, plus they've had lots of time to thoroughly clean the shower rooms after the morning rush, and there is one shower room they are able to crank the temperature way down into the 50s-60s for me which is where I like it. I absolutely hate warm or poorly ventilated shower rooms, so if this is the case with Polaris, I'll still go to the Arrivals Lounge to clean up and then come upstairs for lunch in Polaris on my way home vs going directly there after arrival.
1. I've seen people on laptops in the dining area. They are however, also eating, and ordering off the menu. When they finish eating, they pack up and leave. There are power plugs for you to use in the dining room. You cannot order menu items from the general seating area.

2. While I didn't crank the temperature down to the 50-60s, I did not experience warm or poorly ventilated shower rooms in the Polaris Lounge. They are better than the showers at *G Lounge at TBIT in LAX. I would say you should try it once to know for sure if you ever want to utilize them again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.