New UA Destinations coming soon Rumors

Old Aug 21, 19, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
I am probably over analyzing it, but has been thinking about where the plane is going to come from.

We know that UA will introduce EWR-HND and LAX-HND early next year and the anticipated (still needs to be confirmed) second EWR-PVG flight.

Then look into the number of wide-body plane that will join the fleet in the coming year and need to rotate aircrafts to install Polaris seats.

Also factor in any routes would likely to cut cut or reduce services to free up planes for the new route.

After over anaylzing the above, I decided to sit back and wait for the announcement tomorrow!
cricketer and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Originally Posted by uastarflyer View Post

this thread is reality based. As in, new routes are coming.
The speculation on destinations is about as based in reality as the wishlist thread.
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:27 pm

Location: Primarily NOVA (anywhere between IAD DCA DEN DMM BAH)
Programs: United MileagePlus, NEXUS
It's also kind of sad they're not giving IAD (where I live nearest and primarily fly out of) a piece of the action even though it has way more international UA traffic compared to DEN (my former primary airport, secondary one now, and primary for my family). I don't know what freaking EWR would get because they pretty much have everything UA-wise except for the kitchen sink (except for maybe a link to ICN would boost them).

As I said in another thread, it would've been great if IAD gets back its UA service to DXB and/or BAH. (Maybe even DMM if I allow myself to dream big.)

Last edited by Nayef; Aug 21, 19 at 10:10 pm Reason: spelling and punctuation
Old Aug 21, 19, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by lhrsfo View Post
For this to happen, UA would have either to buy another LHR slot (I can't see that happening, unless LH or another partner is selling), or drop another frequency.
Exactly, with the high-J 763 flying LHR-EWR this winter, UA can move a slot to DEN and still increase premium capacity. I believe this is almost certain as UA is only selling 5 daily nonstops EWR-LHR in the winter schedule, whereas prior to the DEN flight it was 6 daily.
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nayef View Post
It's also kind of sad they're not giving IAD (where I live nearest and primarily fly out of) a piece of the action even though it has way more international UA traffic compared to DEN (my former primary airport, secondary one now, and primary for my family). I don't know what freaking EWR would get because they pretty much have everything UA-wise except for the kitchen sink (except for maybe a link to ICN would boost them).

As I said in another thread, it would've been great if IAD gets back it's UA service to DXB and or BAH. (Maybe even DMM if I allow myself to dream big.)
Totally onboard.

I am DC based and love to see more international flights to go with the new Polaris Lounge. Whether the C/D Concourse and other UA infrastructure can handle more traffic is another story. There is no slot restriction at IAD at the moment.

UA has lost a number of government contracted routes, so perhaps this plays into the decision. For example, IAD-LHR has gone to AA although AA does not fly directly between the two cities, but it is ok for government employees to fly BA (because it is code-shared flight with AA). "Fly American" should mean fly US airlines operated flights, IMHO.

If UA can invest building a brand new C/D Concourse with state of the art facility, I am sure people with come. Now people are willing to fly out of DCA and connect to other airports for international travels (including myself). Of course, that is a pipeline dream!
N104UA and Nayef like this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Aug 21, 19 at 11:25 pm
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:09 pm

The route announcements will not include anything from IAH (they will be international destinations from EWR, ORD, DEN & SFO) no BKK and the HND routes are already known.
aindfan, wrp96 and SkiPremier like this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:14 pm

Location: Primarily NOVA (anywhere between IAD DCA DEN DMM BAH)
Programs: United MileagePlus, NEXUS
Seconded. I know the focus is on EWR, but there's a lot of potential at IAD that's not being tapped.

For example, this coming October I'd like to travel to EDI and there aren't any direct non-stop flight between IAD and EDI outside of the summer. And even when I search, for an itinerary, it seldom shows me IAD-EWR-EDI because it's too expensive or there's an outrageous layover time. They ought to think this through and act accordingly.
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AS
Well, since LX is starting ZRH-IAD, maybe UA decided they don't need to also fly that route and would rather do say DEN-ZRH instead ...
N104UA likes this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines AAdvantage, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by lazytom View Post
Well, since LX is starting ZRH-IAD, maybe UA decided they don't need to also fly that route and would rather do say DEN-ZRH instead ...
Yes, they will shift IAD-ZRH to DEN-ZRH instead. I believe when I see it!
Old Aug 21, 19, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by Nayef View Post
They ought to think this through and act accordingly.
Maybe they want you to fly BA

With their uncompetitive routing and fares to BKK, I've concluded UA actually wants me to fly CX/JL instead.
UA_Flyer, goodeats21 and chavala like this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Maybe they want you to fly BA

With their uncompetitive routing and fares to BKK, I've concluded UA actually wants me to fly CX/JL instead.
Worse still... with dominant *A carriers such Thai, NH, BR, SQ and even CA serving multiple flights to BKK via UAs destinations in NRT/HND/HKG/PEK/PVG/SIN, we cannot even get competitive pricing or flight options via United.
goodeats21 and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 21, 19, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: WN AL+/CP, IHG AMB/Plat, HH/Mar Gold, UA Dirt
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 View Post
The route announcements will not include anything from IAH (they will be international destinations from EWR, ORD, DEN & SFO) no BKK and the HND routes are already known.
In which case my hope is SFO-SGN but I am girding myself for something like SFO-SJO or similarly smallish/meh.
Old Aug 22, 19, 1:53 am

Programs: LCAH Gold, LH Senator *G
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B View Post

LOT already flies WAW-ORD. PRG, though...
AA just announced Daily ORD - PRG (as well as ORD - KRK and ORD - BUD).

Doubt there is enough demand on ORD - PRG for two Dreamliners
Old Aug 22, 19, 4:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 View Post
Damn. Wish this was coming from someone less reliable....
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 4:49 am

Programs: UA GS, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Considering all that goes into a new route Im surprised United is able to keep this a secret for so long.

Search this Thread