Mixed Fare Class Search on united.com

Old Apr 17, 18, 12:49 am
mr8
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Mixed Fare Class Search on united.com

Is there any way to specify the fare class for a specific leg on a multi-city ticket on united.com? e.g. W on first leg but K on the second since the second leg is a codeshare flight?

I was able to mix the fare classes while using the GPU search option on united.com, but my non-stat friend keeps getting W on the second leg if specifying W on the search option.

Any trick to get this to work?
Old Apr 17, 18, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mr8 View Post
Is there any way to specify the fare class for a specific leg on a multi-city ticket on united.com? e.g. W on first leg but K on the second since the second leg is a codeshare flight?

I was able to mix the fare classes while using the GPU search option on united.com, but my non-stat friend keeps getting W on the second leg if specifying W on the search option.

Any trick to get this to work?
When you search for a specific fare class on United.com, you should see a column for the fare class you requested and another column for the cheapest available ticket. Just select the one you want on each leg.

Note that in many cases, it will be substantially cheaper to book a W fare from your origin to your destination than to switch fare classes at a connecting point -- so, if you're flying (e.g.) SFO-NRT-KUL, and you're trying to save money by booking SFO-NRT in W (for a GPU) but NRT-KUL in K, 999 times out of 1000, it's cheaper just to book a W fare from SFO to KUL.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: