Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Going back and forth between terminal c and b at ewr

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Thought I’d post this question here since United pretty much owns EWR . I’m flying out with United from terminal c but have priority pass lounge access from terminals a and b. Is it easy to go between the terminals? Do I have to go through security? Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omaralt
Thought I’d post this question here since United pretty much owns EWR . I’m flying out with United from terminal c but have priority pass lounge access from terminals a and b. Is it easy to go between the terminals? Do I have to go through security? Thanks
Assume you are connecting C-C? If you can finagle your way onto the bus near C71 (?), you can get between A and C (either direction) without redoing security. If you ever go B-C then you need to go through security again.

There is some scattered discussion here
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ional-ewr.html
(edit: and here
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ounge-ewr.html)
and I think more elsewhere on this board.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumje
Assume you are connecting C-C? If you can finagle your way onto the bus near C71 (?), you can get between A and C (either direction) without redoing security. If you ever go B-C then you need to go through security again.

There is some scattered discussion here
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ional-ewr.html
and I think more elsewhere on this board.
thanks. I’m not connecting. Flying from ewr to Tampa
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks. I’m not connecting. Flying from ewr to Tampa
You can just go through security at your desired terminal. Generally, TSA does not even comment. Then there is a bus going A-C. As mentioned, if you need to go B-C, you need to re-clear.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
The priority pass lounge at B is before security. The lounge at A is after security but you can access it with your BP should you choose to. IIRC there is no bus from the Air Canada gates back to C post-security.

All of the terminals are connected by the Airtrain before security. Whichever option you choose, you'd have to clear security at C coming back.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1KMM
Strangely enough, I just did this last week.

You can get on the bus from C-B easily enough airside. But you cannot get on a bus B-C. You have to leave the secure zone, catch the airtrain and reclear at C.
perkele likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I would go to the lounge in Terminal B if you are set on a lounge visit, as it is landside and you do not need to reclear security. That said, the PP lounge in B is a dump. I would just find a high-top seat in Terminal C at one of the OTG spots and park yourself there instead. The ambiance is better, and you are not missing out on much of anything when it comes to the food or drink in the PP lounge.
perkele likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I would go to the lounge in Terminal B if you are set on a lounge visit, as it is landside and you do not need to reclear security. That said, the PP lounge in B is a dump. I would just find a high-top seat in Terminal C at one of the OTG spots and park yourself there instead. The ambiance is better, and you are not missing out on much of anything when it comes to the food or drink in the PP lounge.
This.

Also, if you have to transfer from B to C, it's a short walk between the terminals (outside); though not recommended if you have a lot of luggage. The walking option is generally faster than AirTrain.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17
This.

Also, if you have to transfer from B to C, it's a short walk between the terminals (outside); though not recommended if you have a lot of luggage. The walking option is generally faster than AirTrain.
thanks guys. I’ll just stick to terminal c

on another note, I see that my plane is supposed to be coming from Denver; which is now 3 hours delayed.. my flight is still showing on time, will they be subbing a plane or should I expect a big delay?

my flight is UA 1640
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:28 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Another option when leaving the AC lounge in A-1 is to enter TSA at A-2 and then take the United airside bus to C. You can judge the line at A-2 since it is right at the Airtrain entrance.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by ryman554

You can get on the bus from C-B easily enough airside. But you cannot get on a bus B-C. You have to leave the secure zone, catch the airtrain and reclear at C.
It was probably a couple of years ago, but I was a Delta Sky-Club member, and would use the "B" EWR terminal SC frequently when connecting on UA at EWR. During one of said connections, I was using the temporary SC, where the only available washrooms were in the concourse, and noted UA running a couple of domestic flights out of some gates near the circular portion of the same "B" terminal pier. (This part of "B" terminal is not connected directly to the LH gates.) Sure enough, UA was running a shuttle from these "B" gates to the "C" terminal. Passengers were infrequent enough that shuttle people would call the driver on the radio for pickup of lone pax. This would not be that useful for accessing the "attractive" things at terminal "B", but UA can and has provided shuttle buses, albeit sporadically terminals B>C.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum

Since when, I've done the A<->C Transfer many times and occasionally it stops at B and picks up a passenger. Its not a routine stop, but when I asked the driver about it, he said if a passenger needs a B Pickup, he gets a call on the radio, so there must be contact inside B to get the bus to stop.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

Pics or it didn't happen. It is certainly not the way it is pitched.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
I’m flying EWR>WAW in LO J in three weeks on a UA award. I was planning on clearing security at Terminal C so I can visit the Polaris lounge, and I had thought it’d be easy to hop over to my gate in Terminal B using the airside shuttle, but I’ve just learned that Terminal B is cordoned off into separate airside concourses the way Terminal A is.

Is there any chance my LO flight will depart from a gate inaccessible to the shuttle, forcing me to trudge back through security a second time? Or does EWR always group its *A int’l flights near one another?
Old May 21, 2019, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Why would you bother? none of those lounges are anything special, and all would be a pain in the butt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.