Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Germany Industrial Action (April 9, 2018 - April 10, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airports:
Frankfurt, DE (FRA)
Munich, DE (MUC)​
Rebook by April 13, 2018.

Waiver: https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/travel/news/Pages/travelnotices.aspx#ExceptionPolicies

Waiver Parameter Code: 1+

David
Attached Images  
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wow. Wish I'd seen this two hours ago . . . just checked my bags at MXP connecting through FRA.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:50 am

Curious: seeing as many passengers may be connecting to other intra-Europe *A flights, how does UA rebook people in this circumstance when they have non-UA flights on their itineraries, since the waivers usually apply only to flights operated by UA? In some cases UA may have a direct flight available to your destination in Europe, but in other cases, the only option is to connect. So will UA book people onto OAL in those cases with these waivers?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by windhund
Curious: seeing as many passengers may be connecting to other intra-Europe *A flights, how does UA rebook people in this circumstance when they have non-UA flights on their itineraries, since the waivers usually apply only to flights operated by UA? In some cases UA may have a direct flight available to your destination in Europe, but in other cases, the only option is to connect. So will UA book people onto OAL in those cases with these waivers?
Policy is UA/UAX and in certain markets (I don't recall which off the top of my head), LH.

I doubt you'd be particularly successful in trying for anything else, but YMMV.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also seems to affect travellers to France:

Airport strike in Germany and action in France promises misery for air travelers | Euronews
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Flying UA into Frankfurt and then onto Malaga on 12th - will keep fingers xx'd thanks for heads up!

Adam
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Without knowing much about what's going on, what are the chances the waiver would be extended beyond the 10th?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Without knowing much about what's going on, what are the chances the waiver would be extended beyond the 10th?
Don’t want to be rude - but the post above yours has a link to a news article about the strike. It says they will continue until 13 April. Now that may not happen, but based on that, it isn’t out of the question to extend past the 10th.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Wow. Wish I'd seen this two hours ago . . . just checked my bags at MXP connecting through FRA.
Did you and your bags make it from MXP through FRA to your destination?

David
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
At FRA now, the story seems to be that if your flight leaves from B gates (as mine does) you are OK. A & C have lots of cancellations. The line at the LH service center is very long.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by windhund
For segments operated by other carriers, you can avail yourself of any waivers those operating carriers make available.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by DELee
Did you and your bags make it from MXP through FRA to your destination?
No problem. It was a little odd, we parked right in front of the A gates, but were bussed to the terminal as if it were a remote stand arrival. Crowds seemed much lighter than normal at LH lounge in Z terminal.

As usual, the worst part of the trip home was the BART ride across the bay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.