Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: April 6, 2018 SFO weather waiver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Travel Waiver: April 6, 2018 SFO weather waiver

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Due to WEATHER / WIND, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, CA (SFO). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 4 hours and 16 minutes.

ouch.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Due to WEATHER / WIND, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, CA (SFO). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 4 hours and 16 minutes.

ouch.
My inbound, coming from DEN, is only 2h 6m late. If the average is 4h16m, I feel bad for the people on the other side of that number.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by HkCaGu
A regular rainy (or cloudy) day will allow SFO to land 30-36 an hour. When SE winds force SFO to switch to Rwy 10 (like today), they're doing 26-28.
I don't even need to go outside to know when this is happening. I can hear the planes flying westbound over the East Bay hills toward the Bay at low altitude. Sometimes a heavy peeks through the clouds.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
So what impact is there for the EU261 compensation? If I fly from LHR but my connecting flight to SAN is delayed 4 hours?
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
So what impact is there for the EU261 compensation? If I fly from LHR but my connecting flight to SAN is delayed 4 hours?
No EU261 compensation if the delay is due to weather or ATC (which are outside of United's control).

Thanks to a new ruling late last year, if your flight to SAN was delayed due to reasons within United's control, then you'd be eligible for appropriate compensation. (The ruling clarified that a non-EU airline must pay if the itinerary originated in the EU even if the delay occurs on a connecting flight outside of the EU -- details here: https://caa.co.uk/News/CAA-s-enforce...for-consumers/)
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:53 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by LRMErnst
My inbound, coming from DEN, is only 2h 6m late. If the average is 4h16m, I feel bad for the people on the other side of that number.
nothing has left den for sfo since 4pm - surprisingly that A320 was on time. the 5:53pm is delayed to 11pm now. We’ll see if it actually leaves then.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
You might want to look into rerouting. SFO-SAN is going to be a mess.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:57 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
You might want to look into rerouting. SFO-SAN is going to be a mess.
That leg is on Sunday, April 8, so actually hoping there are no issues. I was more curious about the EC compensations since I am flying tomorrow. (April 8) and am not expecting any problems /issues with getting home.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
That leg is on Sunday, April 8, so actually hoping there are no issues. I was more curious about the EC compensations since I am flying tomorrow. (April 8) and am not expecting any problems /issues with getting home.
Likely to be irrelevant for Sunday, it's going to be a beautiful day. If you'd been talking about today, also irrelevant, as everything is weather/atc. No EU261 would apply for either leg.
Aussienarelle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.