Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC agent: “We only help w/ same-day reservations.”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UC agent: “We only help w/ same-day reservations.”

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by fastair

Since when? Must’ve been since I logged out of my airport computer a couple of hours ago

----
Sorry, I regressed into a time-warp.......went back to my pre-merger days. Nevertheless, never could understand how ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE agents are no longer trained to do the same thing, you know, like help people. Are not ticket counter agents, UC agents and Reservationists able to look at the same PNR, make changes or adjustments (regardless of what computer system (Aero/Shares?) they are using? All carpenters use the same tools or do some use just saws and others use only hammers ?

Last edited by FlyingNone; Apr 5, 2018 at 11:26 pm
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:45 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by FlyingNone
----
Sorry, I regressed into a time-warp.......went back to my pre-merger days. Nevertheless, never could understand how ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE agents are no longer trained to do the same thing, you know, like help people. Are not ticket counter agents, UC agents and Reservationists able to look at the same PNR, make changes or adjustments (regardless of what computer system (Aero/Shares?) they are using? All carpenters use the same tools or do some use just saws and others use only hammers ?
I believe pre-merger res used ezres and airports used fastair, both were tailored to their own work groups functionality. Fastair was built around airports ops and ezres focused on reservations and ticketing. You’d have to go back to the late 1990s/early 2000s to go back to a time when it was straight Apollo for both groups

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.