Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Runway promo-targeted-by 31 July'18 spend $X, get Y RDMs; spend more, get larger RDMs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Runway promo-targeted-by 31 July'18 spend $X, get Y RDMs; spend more, get larger RDMs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:27 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hi -

So I got the promo and I registered. Where do I find confirmation of my registering in my MP Account on the UA website?
Did you get an email confirmation?

If you try to register again, and it should confirm the previous registration.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:54 pm

The Better 1/2 and I each received $200 worth 4,900 miles and a total of $700 for 19,500 miles. Doesn't state any certain amount of trips needed.

The T&C's state that the flight(s) needs to be on UA or United Express. If a flight is operated by MESA AIRLINES DBA UNITED EXPRESS, will it still count? I know that tickets that start with "016" don't but I couldn't find this without fully purchasing a ticket (I guess).

Last edited by mommafrica; Apr 7, 2018 at 12:00 am
Old Apr 7, 2018, 6:41 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mommafrica
.... The T&C's state that the flight(s) needs to be on UA or United Express. If a flight is operated by MESA AIRLINES DBA UNITED EXPRESS, will it still count? ...
Yes, that is standard verbiage for UX
mommafrica likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Any ideas if reticketing an existing reservation after enrolling in the promotion would count as "booking" after that date?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Spend $1,170*Earn 3,600 bonus miles
Spend $1,520* totalEarn a total of 12,100 bonus miles
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat; AS MVP Gold; BA Silver; LATAM Black; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Plat; GHA Plat
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Any ideas if reticketing an existing reservation after enrolling in the promotion would count as "booking" after that date?
I assume if you cancel the original ticket, and have a brand new ticket with a new number issued, then you would be fine.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm wondering what I did that UA has apparently promo-blacklisted me.
"Why" you ask? They tell you right there in the DECLINE message: "Unfortunately, the MileagePlus account you provided is not eligible for this promotion. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you on board again soon."

That translates from UA speak to English as: "We are not going to give you anything more, as you're going to fly with us anyway."

Last edited by narvik; Apr 13, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Italian_Kayaker
I assume if you cancel the original ticket, and have a brand new ticket with a new number issued, then you would be fine.
This would be a change requiring a new ticket number, but on the original PNR.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by narvik
"Why" you ask? They tell you right there in the DECLINE message: "Unfortunately, the MileagePlus account you provided is not eligible for this promotion. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you on board again soon."

That translates from UA speak to English as: "We are not going to give you anything more, as you're going to fly with us anyway."
Definitely some truth to this. I went from 3-4 UA segments a month, during which I wasn't targeted for any of these promos, to 0 segments, and I'm suddenly receiving offers.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm wondering what I did that UA has apparently promo-blacklisted me.
You can save the cash for DL promos.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Once again targeted for exclusion!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by linglingfool
This would be a change requiring a new ticket number, but on the original PNR.
I think there was a report of something like this—maybe even just a ticket reissue??—resulting in the ticket being counted for a previous promo. I have no firsthand experience, though; unfortunately I am in narvik's boat.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA MP
Have an overseas address, so presumably that is why I didn't get it.

Which sucks, because our promos are generally terrible to begin with. The CC offers are terrible too - generally along the lines of if you get a credit card with a $300 AF and spend $10k on it, you get 5k bonus miles, in addition to the miles for the 10k and your 5k bonus miles for opening the account.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by hdfdisk
Any current GS ever eligible for these promo?

anyone?!
I had a GS buddy who (2 years ago?) received something like $8500 spend for 200,000 miles. Unfortunately he didn't register for the promo until well after a number of tickets were purchased and while over the spend threshold in total he was under for the period after registration.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 questions:

1 - for this promo, there is no implication that you have to do them in 2 different trips, right? Essentially, do the higher amount and get the higher miles, right?

2 - for all of these recent PQD based promos. even for those X trips ones, what happens if some segments in the PNR are codeshare or operated by OA and some are by UA?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.