FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   unbelievably rude gate agent in DIA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1901123-unbelievably-rude-gate-agent-dia.html)

JNelson113 Mar 28, 2018 10:49 am

unbelievably rude gate agent in DIA

Hey all,
Overall I generally take United's side in these issues but I encountered probably the rudest gate agent I've ever met in almost 30 years of flying United. Looking for suggestions as to what to do next.

I was attempting to standby for a flight since I had been unable to same day change and went up to the gate and asked her to please put me on the standby list. I tried to show her my phone with my boarding pass and she swatted my hand away and said rudely "I don't look at phones". She then asked me for my last name and flight number and I provided it. She then asked me if I even had a mileage plus number since it wasn't on the reservation. I said that I was a two million miler platinum and tried to show her my phone. She said "I don't like to look at phones" and become ruder and ruder to me. I finally got my standby card and as I walked away she loudly complained about me to the other agent. I then said "do you have something to say to me" and she said that I had a terrible attitude and that if I had been nicer we would have gotten along better but I had come up immediately demanding things. She practically yelled this at me.

This is all 100% false and I can't imagine treating a customer like this. Her attitude was unbelievable. I swear I did nothing that any reasonable person would take offense to.

I've already sent an email to Mileage Plus. Anything else?

IAH-OIL-TRASH Mar 28, 2018 11:00 am

Why in the world would you send it to MileagePlus? That wouldn't enter my mind. Try United Customer Service or Oscar Munoz or any number of more appropriate recipients. MileagePlus is the frequent flyer program.

JNelson113 Mar 28, 2018 11:04 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post 29577126)
Why in the world would you send it to MileagePlus? That wouldn't enter my mind. Try United Customer Service or Oscar Munoz or any number of more appropriate recipients. MileagePlus is the frequent flyer program.

Thanks. I thought that United Plus "other" would route it but you're right. I'm still infuriated and not thinking clearly. Will do.

bitterproffit Mar 28, 2018 11:06 am

What do you want? Miles? The person fired? An apology from the airline? An apology from the individual? Money?

Answer that, then that will help you decide what to write and who to write.

mr8 Mar 28, 2018 11:07 am

I can’t even imagine how they’d treat a non-status flyer!

IAH-OIL-TRASH Mar 28, 2018 11:09 am

Originally Posted by JNelson113 (Post 29577138)
...I thought that United Plus "other" would route it but you're right...

They may or may not, but your trust in UA is admirable :)

Good luck w/ it!

JNelson113 Mar 28, 2018 11:31 am

Thanks, all. I don’t want anything, just documented in case it’s a pattern of behavior.

The plot thickens— I just got video of her treating an older lady like crap. And that lady is angry and is writing in about it.

transportprof Mar 28, 2018 11:34 am

Originally Posted by JNelson113 (Post 29577252)
The plot thickens— I just got video of her treating an older lady like crap. And that lady is angry and is writing in about it.

It sounds (a bit) like you are stalking this gate agent. Are you sure that this is an appropriate role for you to be taking?

EmailKid Mar 28, 2018 11:37 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 29577262)
It sounds (a bit) like you are stalking this gate agent. Are you sure that this is an appropriate role for you to be taking?

Seriously :confused:

enviroian Mar 28, 2018 11:41 am

oh sweet Moses :rolleyes:

chavala Mar 28, 2018 11:43 am

Let's see the video!

JNelson113 Mar 28, 2018 11:44 am

i hope you’re kidding.

she worked boarding and I decided to keep video on in case she tried to pull anything at boarding. She just happened to be horrible to the woman two people in front of me. Her choice, not mine!

im going to give the video to that passenger who also wishes to complain and that’s the end of it from my perspective. So don’t worry, not stalking.

transportprof Mar 28, 2018 11:46 am

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 29577289)

oh sweet Moses :rolleyes:

Sorry if my post was inferring too much, but I did qualify it by adding "a bit".

If I had a run-in with an airline employee, I would not hang around the gate and film that agent dealing with other passengers, but maybe I'm unusual ?

laxmillenial Mar 28, 2018 11:47 am

Just write in. Hopefully someone from the executive office responds to you.

I think the other poster thought that you're following around the gate agent at the airport (with kind of a vendetta). But if this was your flight and you were within earshot/eyeshot, then go ahead and write in (again).

enviroian Mar 28, 2018 11:49 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 29577319)
Sorry if my post was inferring too much, but I did qualify it by adding "a bit".

If I had a run-in with an airline employee, I would not hang around the gate and film that agent dealing with other passengers, but maybe I'm unusual ?

no but in this day day age where employees attitudes are my way or the highway there comes a boiling point.

I would have found a sup to complain about this hag’s behavior immediately