Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need 30k quick PQMs

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eeflyer
Does UA fly HKG-SIN? I vaguely remember a restriction for status matches that state that only UA metal counts.
UA no longer flies HKG-SIN. They did until last year, but they dropped it when they started LAX-SIN.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
SFO-SIN-SFO is close to 17K by itself (more depending on routing). If you can route SFO-HKG through SIN, you'd get over 20K on that one trip.
On many days, LAX/SFO/SIN prices the same as LAX/SIN. it ends up at 18,888 miles. You could take an early flight to SFO and get a day’s work done. Another day when you get back, if you’re up to it.
gcm4795 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
You are right, but when I did request the status match/challenge I was BA Gold which is equivalent to One World Emerald which is equivalent to AA Executive Platinum. So, I was hoping that I would get an offer for UA 1K as other people seemed to get. And the OP got it too. Obviously, I was not so lucky..... By my accounting, as I was shooting for 1K, I needed to know that I had those two planned trips to Asia before applying for the status match/challenge. So, a trip to PEK in Business gave me 27816 PQM, short of the 35000. And a trip to PVG in Economy gave me 16112 PQM.

What I was trying to say is that I would not have started the status match/ challenge process if I did not have the flights lined up to meet the requirement.
My fault... i didn't intend to quote you....for some reason I thought you were the OP.
StuckinITH likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by david_oz

are you looking for the cheapest way, or the quickest way?

Quickest would be business class to almost anywhere in Europe or Asia (double check your mileage earnings with partner airlines before booking the ticket if you aren’t on UA metal)

cheapest out of DEN seems to be 2x trips to China. Air Canada has flights to PVG and PEK for around $500 over the next month or so. You would also need a Chinese visa.
Depending on the details (passport, exact routing, and timing), you might not need a Chinese visa. Check the TWOV sticky thread in the China destination forum.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: United GS, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
You can do a lot with SDCs if you have the time. Once I turned a CLE-DEN itinerary into CLE-SFO-GEG-DEN, for example, racking up quite a few extra PQMs.
gcm4795 and CaptainMiles like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by eigenvector
A round-trip to Singapore can net you around 20K for US$500, as long as you're OK with the misery of back-to-back ultra-long-hauls in economy.
Hey, I survived two of those this Feb. With proper planning and a little luck with seats it's not that bad.
MR early and relax in Nov-Dec.
gcm4795 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

i got that 10 year visa. thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.