Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New and extensive survey from UA about F&B at the United Clubs

New and extensive survey from UA about F&B at the United Clubs

Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tryathlete
if I have to bring outside food, what’s the point of the club?
It's supposed to be a quiet(er) place to sit. But the real point is that it's another profit center for the airline.

Originally Posted by tryathlete
that’s how I justify asking my employer to pay for the club
I have a strong suspicion that giving someome justification to get their employer to pay is not part of the United Club business plan.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I thought it asked some of the right questions--like where I eat and shop for food in general, the relative snobbishness of my taste in beer, what I like in other lounges. It did not, however, ask what I thought about the United Club situation at different airports, not that UA should need a survey to know that it's a mess at EWR.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Finally finished.

Dang, now I'm hungry!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
The one commwnt box i put: 1. Showers 2. Too crowded 3. If I want to pay for drinks I buy outside the lounge so instead of asking about paid drinks up the quality of complimentary options.

it was focusswd on food options but some stuff they dont even offer how could i ever say i was satisifed with a burger in the lounge. Get ready for United club by OTG...mark my words.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc

Likewise questions about bringing outside food -- I thought iutsode F&B was prohibited (or at least could swear I've seen signs to that effect) made me think 'everyone says they just being their own food so we don't need to provide (any quality vairett)' is a viable outcome from the survey.
I think it's prohibited but during the period they had the "chicken Alfredo or something as disgusting with the white sauce" in the ORD F8 UC, I thought about making a run to Frontera and bringing back something to enjoy with the cheap wine. But I never dared. On my last visit to the new ORD UC in the C terminal where I had to wait seven hours for a flight that I ended not taking (just returned home), I saw family of four with two small kids that brought food from outside. I was tempted again to imitate them. The only thing I got to eat during those 7 hours there were bananas and oranges.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Wow, that was long.

I felt a bit trapped as I had to give "the last United Club you experienced" good reviews -- the ex-GFL at SFO was crowded as all get-out but the food is still decent. Generic UCs are so bad though; traveling internationally throws it into stark contrast where I stop by the UC after I get back and just realize I actually don't want anything other than a cup of water.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by findark
Wow, that was long.

I felt a bit trapped as I had to give "the last United Club you experienced" good reviews -- the ex-GFL at SFO was crowded as all get-out but the food is still decent. Generic UCs are so bad though; traveling internationally throws it into stark contrast where I stop by the UC after I get back and just realize I actually don't want anything other than a cup of water.
My thoughts exactly... Last one I was at was the GFL at LHR which is actually great but totally not standard ha! The UC at Newark I don't even get the water, it sometimes tastes like moss (that's an airport thing though)...
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cranky1K
Finally finished.

Dang, now I'm hungry!

No lie, I paused half way through to get some cheese cubes and brownie rectangles (is it bad that all of the food I've consumed today can be described geometrically?)
cranky1K and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by nigos
For me it never did end - After 20 screens I gave up and quit
Thanks for the heads up. I haven't seen the 'survey' yet, but after seeing the posts I don't believe I'll waste my time with it.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:14 pm

That was one of the longest surveys I've responded to in recent memory. I thought that outside food was not allowed in the Club. I rarely see anyone bring it in. And I thought that take away from the Club was also generally prohibited. Other than coffee, or maybe a coffee cup full of the snack mix, or a cookie or two, there is no way to take any other food away.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Yeah it asked a lot about items that the UC do not have such as pies, ice cream etc and if I was satisfied with them. As others have said VERY VERY LONG.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Spent 10 minutes answering >150 questions on >15 pages and finally gave up without finishing. Can't imagine many folks will complete it, it's ludicrously long and I thought poorly designed.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:05 pm

Too long, I only finished because I convinced myself I was nearly done. Wondered about both bringing outside food in, and the choices relating to taking food with you.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: None anymore
I use the lounges frequently but as an intl customer, is this only sent to club members?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Mine had a free comment box, but it was early on in the survey

it was LOOONNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.