FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA homepage doesn't show RPU/GPU balance any longer? {missing for some,OK for others) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1900910-ua-homepage-doesnt-show-rpu-gpu-balance-any-longer-missing-some-ok-others.html)

username Mar 26, 2018 11:08 pm

UA homepage doesn't show RPU/GPU balance any longer? {missing for some,OK for others)

Seems something is wrong? On the main page, the GPUs/RPUs are not showing and clicking on View Account brought me to https://mobile.united.com/Account/Lo...OS=US&Mobile=1

Firefox.

RobOnLI Mar 27, 2018 8:30 am

UA homepage doesn't show RPU/GPU balance any longer? {missing for some,OK for others)

Just logged in to United.com (the orange/yellow box on the home page) and my account info came up including PQM, PQD, etc. However, RPU and GPU balance is now missing from this screen and it's just an empty space where it used to be. You now must click on "View Account" to see your GPU/RPU balance.

This seems like a waste of time to even make code changes to remove information that was readily available to the user. What's the thought process behind hiding this info and having to make more clicks just to see it?

-RM

mherdeg Mar 27, 2018 8:46 am

It's possible that the microservice that provides RPU info to the front page widget & the mobile app is having latency issues or returning errors, and the web site is going ahead and rendering the partial info it does have rather than blocking / erroring on the RPU info.

Kacee Mar 27, 2018 8:48 am

Looks like UA is "enhancing" its website again.

laxmillenial Mar 27, 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29572511)
Looks like UA is "enhancing" its website again.

with enhancements that benefit the customers (us) of course, right?!

Similar to the new Polaris enhancements. If we don't see it visibly in the front page, then maybe we won't ask to use them?

Xyzzy Mar 27, 2018 8:52 am

Looks fine when I l:og in. I've seen this before, though, when in one of the strange half-logged-in modes. Try logging out completely and logging in again.

lincolnjkc Mar 27, 2018 8:53 am

I noticed it wasn't there for me this morning but it's been somewhat hit or miss offer the past few years (thankfully more hit than miss)--sometimes just logging out and back in is enough to do it [didn't check because the info wasn't relevant to me this morning]

pushmyredbutton Mar 27, 2018 8:53 am

Happening for me this morning. I've also noticed that the homepage display is rarely accurate if I've done any sort of RPU/GPU activity within a day. Must be pulling from a different (cached?) source.

gokeeper Mar 27, 2018 9:14 am

Noticed this last night, I even clicked into account activities to make sure my GPUs wewe not stolen, lol.

Rumples Mar 27, 2018 9:58 am

My RPUs and GPUs are showing, try again now or clear your cache/cookies and retry.

mahasamatman Mar 27, 2018 9:59 am

No issue here for my wife's account.

zebranz Mar 27, 2018 11:04 am

Nothing there on my account. At least mileage and ytd is correct. My waitlisted RPU's are still showing. As Kacee stated, just a UA enhancement. Might be fixed in the next few weeks.

goodeats21 Mar 27, 2018 11:53 am

Info for mine are missing after a fresh log in.

Someone in United's Technology department is apparently getting paid by how many clicks a customer must endure to find info.
The stupidity of having to click "Details" on every flight option on the search results page worked so well, they are expanding the program site-wide.

warrenw Mar 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Same thing happened to me... Thought it was a bit odd.

Xerinax Mar 27, 2018 9:55 pm

Mine were gone for 2 days but displaying again today. I'm not sure if I'd rather not see them - so I don't know how many of them expire each year from not clearing!