FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA DEN-NRT in Y...are slippers provided? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1900659-ua-den-nrt-y-slippers-provided.html)

seks Mar 25, 2018 6:13 pm

UA DEN-NRT in Y...are slippers provided?

1st time in ages I'll be flying long haul in Y.

Are slippers provided for the DEN-NRT flight?

laxmillenial Mar 25, 2018 6:18 pm

In Y?

No.

Were they ever provided in Y?

SFO777 Mar 25, 2018 6:27 pm

In Y? On United? LOL. :D

seks Mar 25, 2018 6:29 pm

I've never flew long haul on UA in Y before lol. That's why I have to ask so as to whether to bring my own disposable ones.

StuckinITH Mar 25, 2018 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by seks (Post 29566379)
I've never flew long haul on UA in Y before lol. That's why I have to ask so as to whether to bring my own disposable ones.

Yes, bring your own disposable ones. And the thing for your neck, and the eye shades for sleeping.

fastair Mar 25, 2018 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH (Post 29566388)
Yes, bring your own disposable ones. And the thing for your neck, and the eye shades for sleeping.

and the toothpaste/brush and the deodorant

transportprof Mar 25, 2018 6:46 pm

I'd bring my own food if I was traveling in Y TPAC, too.

cagcag Mar 25, 2018 7:41 pm

No PJs either

UAL250 Mar 25, 2018 8:14 pm

You won't get anything but decent legroom, if you're in E+, and a decent to solid IFE system. 787 cabin is nice too for longhauls.

As for everything else, BYO[insert most things here]. And expect the bathroom to be filthy by the end of the flight. Even in J they usually are on half full flights, I can't imagine on a full TPAC in Y.

junglematt Mar 25, 2018 8:21 pm

Heck, you'd be lucky to find slippers up in J

NoLaGent Mar 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Are there any carriers flying TPAC that provide slippers in Y? Alternately, are there any carriers in the world that provide slippers in Y?

samwise6222 Mar 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 29566664)
Are there any carriers flying TPAC that provide slippers in Y? Alternately, are there any carriers in the world that provide slippers in Y?

IIRC

Japan Air - gives toothbrush/ toothpaste/ earplug/ eyemask
Korean Air - toothbrush/toothpaste/ slippers/ if you are pregnant, they have special amenity kit even if you are in economy
Asiana Air - toothbrush/ toothpaste/ slippers

transportprof Mar 25, 2018 8:33 pm

I recall them on OZ, but that was a few years back. Does Premium Economy count?

eigenvector Mar 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Philippine Airlines & Turkish to name two that I flew last year. Slippers / eye mask / toothbrush.

seks Mar 25, 2018 9:06 pm

Slippers and Blanket are all I'm asking for :p Don't care for anything else. Guess I'll bring my own slippers for UA flight.

How about for NH for NRT-BKK, BKK-HND and HND-YVR? I'm sure NH is more generous?