Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA DEN-NRT in Y...are slippers provided?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by seks
Slippers and Blanket are all I'm asking for Don't care for anything else. Guess I'll bring my own slippers for UA flight.

How about for NH for NRT-BKK, BKK-HND and HND-YVR? I'm sure NH is more generous?
No it is not, the most generous airline in Y is TK, then GA
Old Apr 1, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Yeah, flew JL long haul pretty much exclusively for the past 3-4 years until my status ran out. Flew NRT-CGK several times too, though admittedly not TYO-HKG.

But speaking of HKG, the 763 for the last NH HND-HKG flight I was on was ancient. I swear I could've counted the number of pixels on my IFE screen. Obviously JL has similarly old 767s on that route, but still...

second meal was Chicago dog as the meal
OK, clearly that's quite poor, but TBH I never really cared for food choices in Y, and I always enjoyed the unique ex-TYO second meal on JL (Gyudon, Mos Burger etc)

And are you really going to rail against JL for being (relatively) slow in retrofitting their seats in the few years following their bankruptcy/restructuring?

My point was just, I think JL is more NH-tier and tier than AF-tier (but then again, so are many other airlines on that list). There's really no difference to me between NH and JL, both are great, and are certainly heads and shoulders above US carriers.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 1, 2018 at 4:57 pm Reason: removed unneeded, OT comment
Old Apr 1, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by JMBResona

And are you really going to rail against JL for being (relatively) slow in retrofitting their seats in the few years following their bankruptcy/restructuring?

My point was just, I think JL is more NH-tier and tier than AF-tier (but then again, so are many other airlines on that list). There's really no difference to me between NH and JL, both are great, and are certainly heads and shoulders above US carriers.
Nothing about how they take time to retrofit their seats, just simply want to point out why NH is 5 star and JL 4 star to the person above.

I had not ever had FA stop me from getting child gifts as souvenirs, well JL is my first, and never happened on NH. I saw a pair of the child ceramic fork and spoon in a red box given to kids (not part of the meals), i asked for one end of the flight and was scolded by FA that is only for kids ! Later on the purser came back and apologize and gave me one (assume she probably saw my OW status, as she addressed me by my name)

I didnt even mention about how dismal are JL lounges no matter F and J in NRT compare to NH lounges.

If you think NH and JL are heads and shoulders above all US carriers then you are simply wrong, UA and AA yes but certainly not DL, even DL has slippers on flights to Japan, not to mention menus, and this is Y class not even J, NH and JL had none.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 1, 2018 at 4:57 pm Reason: updated quote to reflect Moderator edit
Old Apr 1, 2018, 5:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic Reminder

This is the UA forum and the bulk of the discussion should be about UA. While referring to the practices of other airlines is reasonable, extnted pros/cons of those other airlines are best done in their forum, not here. L:et's return to discussing UA.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.