Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which *A partners offer premier bonus award miles (non-016 ticket)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Premier bonus award miles
In addition to UA, the following airlines offer premier bonus award miles when not on UA (016) ticket stock:
Air Canada, ANA, Austrian, Azul, Brussels, Lufthansa and SWISS.
Premier status Premier bonus award miles
Premier Silver +25%
Premier Gold +50%
Premier Platinum +75%
Premier 1K +100%
For the rest of partners, earning is the same for all travelers (no premier bonus) based solely on fare class

See Partner (when crediting to UA MP) earnings charts
Print Wikipost

Which *A partners offer premier bonus award miles (non-016 ticket)?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dparkinson
Does the premier bonus for flying Lufthansa when you're on their stock still exist? I don't see it on the website but it was the case for a while that you'd get 200% for flying J + 100% for being 1K, and I'm curious if that's still around.
Yes. It's still on the website, but it's hidden. Near the top of the Lufthansa earnings page, you'll find a link called "Earning Premier Bonus Award Miles." The bonus is detailed in the second table on the linked page.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA, LH, BA
why am I getting 50% bonus UA miles when flying Swiss T-class from Zurich to HKG?

I'm a little confused about the UA miles that I earn when flying Swiss.

I'm a Gold member with UA. My ticket was purchased from a 3rd party non-airline website.

The flight was on Swiss from Zurich to Hong Kong in T-class, which is deep discount coach. Whenever I flew Swiss on other routes on T-class fares, I get only 50% miles(which is what UA's website shows https://www.united.com/cms/en-us/mar...spx?itemid=297 )

However, whenever I'm on Swiss flight from Zurich to Hong Kong in T-class, I get 50% UA miles plus 25% bonus(1447 miles, see below). I never get the 25% bonus miles when flying in the other direction(Hong Kong to Zurich, also in T class) or on any other Swiss flight. For example, on the return Hong Kong to Zurich flight, I never get the 1447 miles. This has happened on all three of my Zurich-Hong Kong roundtrips this year. Where are the 1447 miles coming from and why is it only on the eastbound flights?

https://i.imgur.com/MdH9Hux.jpg

Zurich - Hong Kong
Total miles: 4341
Base miles: 2894
Fare class bonus miles: 0
Bonus miles: 1447
PQM: 5788
PQS: 1
PQD: Ineligible

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 29, 2018 at 5:17 pm Reason: merged into existing thread
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As a UA Gold premier, you get a 50% RDM bonus for LX when not on a 016 UA ticket

As you do on other Air Canada, ANA, Austrian, Azul, Brussels, Lufthansa and SWISS flights
Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by geometry
I'm a little confused about the UA miles that I earn when flying Swiss.

I'm a Gold member with UA. My ticket was purchased from a 3rd party non-airline website.

The flight was on Swiss from Zurich to Hong Kong in T-class, which is deep discount coach. Whenever I flew Swiss on other routes on T-class fares, I get only 50% miles(which is what UA's website shows https://www.united.com/cms/en-us/mar...spx?itemid=297 )

However, whenever I'm on Swiss flight from Zurich to Hong Kong in T-class, I get 50% UA miles plus 25% bonus(1447 miles, see below). I never get the 25% bonus miles when flying in the other direction(Hong Kong to Zurich, also in T class) or on any other Swiss flight. For example, on the return Hong Kong to Zurich flight, I never get the 1447 miles. This has happened on all three of my Zurich-Hong Kong roundtrips this year. Where are the 1447 miles coming from and why is it only on the eastbound flights?

Zurich - Hong Kong
Total miles: 4341
Base miles: 2894
Fare class bonus miles: 0
Bonus miles: 1447
PQM: 5788
PQS: 1
PQD: Ineligible

you should get your Premier bonus on ALL Swiss-operated flights. I have never had it NOT post, so I am perplexed you mention you get the bonus in one direction and not the other ... and that repeatedly. Can you post some examples? I cannot see any scenario where this would be consistent with MP rules or my experience (and I fly LX quite a bit).
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:35 am

So the Premier Bonus caps at flight distance, regardless of booking class?

LH 220 Stock FRA-PEK in B as 1K: 4853 (distance) + 2427 (fare) + 4853 (100% 1K)

LH 220 Stock FRA-PEK in J as 1K: 4853 (distance) + 4853 (fare) + 4853 (100% 1K)

Fare bonuses are disregarded?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Muckael
So the Premier Bonus caps at flight distance, regardless of booking class?

LH 220 Stock FRA-PEK in B as 1K: 4853 (distance) + 2427 (fare) + 4853 (100% 1K)

LH 220 Stock FRA-PEK in J as 1K: 4853 (distance) + 4853 (fare) + 4853 (100% 1K)

Fare bonuses are disregarded?
Yes, correct.

Digressing, I feel the language used in their partner charts pages is unclear, and even knowing the answer I find it difficult to see how the verbiage matches the fact, but that is how it is.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Simple question about redeemable miles. On AA and Delta, when earning on a distance based fare (partner / bulk), the elite program members earn a bonus of 40% / 60% / 80% / 120%.
For example, when I flew DTW-CDG on an Air France ticket as a Delta Silver medallion, the route was 3962 miles, but I earned 5547.

Is this similar on United?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gig103
Simple question about redeemable miles. On AA and Delta, when earning on a distance based fare (partner / bulk), the elite program members earn a bonus of 40% / 60% / 80% / 120%.
For example, when I flew DTW-CDG on an Air France ticket as a Delta Silver medallion, the route was 3962 miles, but I earned 5547.

Is this similar on United?
It depends upon the partner. Some airlines earn a bonus (25% / 50% / 75% / 100%), and some don't. On the specific airline partner's page, look for a link near the top called "Earning Premier bonus award miles," which links to this page. Scroll down and you can see the bonuses for partner tickets. According to that page, the following flights are eligible for bonus miles:

Flights ticketed and operated by select MileagePlus partner airlines, including Air Canada, ANA, Austrian, Azul, Brussels, Lufthansa and SWISS.
Note that while it says "ticketed by" one of these airlines, in practice, I think the rule is just "not ticketed by United." If you had a Lufthansa flight on an Air China ticket, I believe you'd still get the bonus.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 8:56 am

Why does UA always add 25% bonus miles for my Swiss(LX) flights non-016 tickets?

I have taken several Swiss(LX) flights on non-016 tickets. (most were booked on the Swiss website) All are flights between Europe and East Asia.

UA should have only credited my 50% of the actual miles because they were all deep discount economy tickets.

However, I always see the 50% miles, plus 25% bonus mils under that....

Can anyone tell me where that extra 25% is for?

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is your MP status Premier Silver?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...r/bonuses.html
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vangrovsky
However, I always see the 50% miles, plus 25% bonus mils under that....

Can anyone tell me where that extra 25% is for?

Thanks!
Swiss is one of the airlines that provide bonus miles for Premier members:

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...r/bonuses.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.