Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Precheck on partner operated flight (Air Canada) booked through United?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Hello - I'm flying Air Canada from the US to Canada in a bit. Booked through United, which has my known traveler ID and everything.

From my understanding Air Canada has Precheck when flying out of the US into Canada. Does anyone know if my United information will pull through to Air Canada and give me TSA Precheck access? I don't know how it works with partner operated flights

Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by red grenadine
Hello - I'm flying Air Canada from the US to Canada in a bit. Booked through United, which has my known traveler ID and everything.

From my understanding Air Canada has Precheck when flying out of the US into Canada. Does anyone know if my United information will pull through to Air Canada and give me TSA Precheck access? I don't know how it works with partner operated flights

Thanks
It should pull through you should go into the air canada reservation and double check
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's always a good idea to check your reservation on ac.com.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slickvik
It should pull through you should go into the air canada reservation and double check
Don't see anywhere where I can look at my profile information or anything
When I go to AirCanada and look at the bookings details, I just see the following:
Passenger information cannot be changed online. Please contact Air Canada Reservations within 24 hours of completing your booking
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Answer is no.
I had the same situation, codeshare SFO-YYZ in P class. No way to add my NEXUS number during AC checkin, and wasting time going to AC checkin wouldve been longer than just sucking it up. Luckily the SFO intl gates security wasnt too bad.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by red grenadine
Don't see anywhere where I can look at my profile information or anything
There should be a link for "reservations made elsewhere", which will open a site where you can enter the information and select seats.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
never a problem with AC on UA codeshare. Done that many times. You can enter your KTN if it does not come through
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Yes. it pulls through. 100% for me. LAX/SFO-YYZ.
Never had to enter it via AC, never had to double check. If booked through UA.com, I would suspect UA pulls it through as long as it's in your profile.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If it does not transfer and you cannot find the link, call.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
It should be a universal field that pulls through.

Its been a while since I’ve booked through UA with an AC flight ex-US, however, I know back in the day, it pulled through from UA to US.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
https://res.aircanada.ca/APIS/?APISVendor=ACO&Lang=EN

You can add it in there.

If not, you can add it at check-in.

I frequently buy AC flights marketed by UA on United.com, and have never had an issue getting Pre✓, as long as I add my KTN to the AC booking.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Answer is no.
I had the same situation, codeshare SFO-YYZ in P class. No way to add my NEXUS number during AC checkin, and wasting time going to AC checkin wouldve been longer than just sucking it up. Luckily the SFO intl gates security wasnt too bad.
You can just bring up your reservation on the regular AC site and add your TTN in the APIS/Passport information section. If the booking is made elsewhere, you cannot update your seat or FFN until check-in unless you use the alternate site upthread where you can buy/change seats before check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.