Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can someone else pick up my bag? {Arriving international at SFO}

Can someone else pick up my bag? {Arriving international at SFO}

Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ttuna3
SQ should be check the bag through to LAX per *A rules on separate tickets. If the OP bag(s) are checked through then they'll make it eventually. All they need to do is to file a missing/delayed bag report at SFO with whatever extra CBP paperwork is needed and UA will send it along.
There are no *A rules re through checking bags on separate tickets.

UA voluntarily has its policy to through check bags to separately ticketed *A flights. But thats not a * rule and theres no guarantee that other airlines will do the same, even to UA. IIRC NZ refuses to through check to separately ticketed Star Flights, and (while they existed) BMI certainly didnt.

Its very possible that SQ will do the same (BR did it for me) which would save the OP having to queue up at UA check in, but buyer beware.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.