Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
We are Borg?
You will comply.
Mike Jacoubowsky likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by spin88
....The issue is that (1) United's culture is NOT one of customer service, (2) this causes bad things to keep happening, and (3) management is making the situation worse by focusing on trying to cut costs at a time of record profits rather than improving service and product.
That pretty much sums it up. United reminds me of BP before the Deepwater Horizon disaster -- one mishap after another and nobody in management owning it. When you see that, you know the company's culture's is rotten to the core. As an investor, you know to get the heck out fast, before something really bad happens. I saw that with BP and sold my stake after the last refinery fire, before Deepwater. So far, United's execrable culture doesn't appear to have spilled over to the maintenance/safety aspect of the business. But I suspect it's just a matter of time.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:07 pm

For your edification and/or entertainment. The OP has some “interesting” ideas when it comes to travel, especially for someone who doesn’t fly on United.

My Bag was delayed for over 12 hours

Requesting 40,000 miles?!?!?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
NH_Clark and narvik like this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
True, & yet here we both are responding to the post.

The OP asked "What say you" & well, that is what I had to say
I never actually saw the original post. @:-)
Old Mar 18, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
United net income in 2017 was 2.1 Billion

Despite the Dao incident. They aren't going anywhere.
Delta's was 5.6. Billion.

You have to keep things in perspective.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Delta's was 5.6. Billion.

You have to keep things in perspective.
hmmmm... that neither Delta or United are going anywhere given their revenue size.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by danielonn
What says you?
Twatter outrage is not a good metric of real life. Few actual flyers give a jack squat.
NH_Clark, JVPhoto and 757FO like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:54 am

I'm genuinely curious what it takes for United to get to Asia/International carriers' service level. Not even United I guess, but rather all US carriers. WN and VX are better but not that much better.

Honestly air travel in the US is just like train travel in China. If you know how it works, it's easy to navigate, but it's not a pleasant process, and those who don't know any better will fall through the cracks.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Nobody flies United anymore - it's too crowded.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
Nobody flies United anymore - it's too crowded.

Yea! ... they lose money on every passenger they fly, but they make it up on volume!!!
ezefllying likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Two Bee
Yea! ... they lose money on every passenger they fly, but they make it up on volume!!!
If they lose money on every passenger, they must be losing money in the aggregate, but they're not......
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by dmo580
Honestly air travel in the US is just like train travel in China. If you know how it works, it's easy to navigate, but it's not a pleasant process, and those who don't know any better will fall through the cracks.
Just took Nanjing-Beijing yesterday. Was super nice, pleasant, fast (190 mph at times), and easy.
(Except for the food offerings) I prefer that ANY TIME to United in Y on their HD planes.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If they lose money on every passenger, they must be losing money in the aggregate, but they're not......
It's a joke.
Jimmie Jet likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 20, 2018 at 12:00 am Reason: unneeded personal comment removed
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
The fact they chartered a private jet to return the dog from Japan and diverted a flight to deliver today's misrouted pet shows that they're concerned about the bad pr at the most senior level. They really don't want to be known as the airline that kills puppies.
Think they look back to the halcyon days of when they only broke guitars?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:47 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Originally Posted by danielonn
It seems like United Airlines is like a Kindergarten classroom with chaos by the Flight Attendants and Ground Staff. Why do we continue hearing about United Airlines making it hell for the passengers? Mr. Munoz I feel needs to be fired and there needs to be a better CEO and more accountability. How can United even fathom to be part of the Star Alliance with their constant bad reports? The media is now on to United and they now have a bad image worldwide.

I wonder if Untied may not be around in the next few years. I can't even imagine how they are able to be FAA certified under these circumstances. I know other airlines have their issues but come on it seems like United keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again and their promise to fix their image gets marred over and over again.

What says you?
Having flow a lot of UA and AS, a little DL, HU, AC, MU, CA, BR, MU, HA, I often soul search do I really feel that UA brings up the back in terms of GA/FA service or just because I fly them so much and the recent bad press. Upon reflection having recently just re-experienced MU, HU, AC, MU, AS, BR, and CA is.. yes they are the worst of all of them.

But they ain't going anywhere, and sadly they are still my primary choice for reasons other than the back of the rankings. Sadly I think their management knows that too, LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.