Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Rumor] FA says "No catering on short flights" beginning April 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rumor] FA says "No catering on short flights" beginning April 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
UA2034 ORD-CHS Sat 4/14 dep 07:45 blocked at 2h15 must be a short flight as it’s marked ‘refreshments’ in F. It’s an A319.
‘Meal’ consisteted of 1 muffin on a tiny plastic plate. No hot towel. No table cloth, obviously. Scott Kirby is having an impact.
This, unfortunately, has been the standard on these type of flights for quite some time now. TPA-IAD is a similar block time and has the same service. At least AA TPA-DCA has the "light bites" or whatever they call them with a cheese plate, etc.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
This, unfortunately, has been the standard on these type of flights for quite some time now. TPA-IAD is a similar block time and has the same service. At least AA TPA-DCA has the "light bites" or whatever they call them with a cheese plate, etc.
At least a couple of years. WAS-FLA in the morning is muffin. Actually I think except for a few special markets like EWR-ORD, sub-2.5hr is muffin.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Does SFO-IAH now fall into the "short flight" category?

UA2405, scheduled 5:21 AM departure, 11:12 AM arrival. Got a stroopwaffle and a coffee - otherwise no offerings of bistro on board or snack boxes. I lived.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, UA, AA, CX, SQ
so we ended up with yet another unsubstantied rumor thread
SteveHK likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 20, 2018 at 12:17 am Reason: discuss the issue;not the poster(s)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LRMErnst

UA2405, scheduled 5:21 AM departure, 11:12 AM arrival. Got a stroopwaffle and a coffee - otherwise no offerings of bistro on board or snack boxes. I lived.
I would definitely write in and complain! It's listed as "breakfast".
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LRMErnst

Originally Posted by tstauck
Also SFO-IAH is one of the fancy markets.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by tstauck
The stroopwafel tells me that the flyer is in Economy.

There is no breakfast for economy.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
The stroopwafel tells me that the flyer is in Economy.

There is no breakfast for economy.
We we're handed out stroopwafles on my last DEN-IAH flight sunday afternoon in biz.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BThumme
We we're handed out stroopwafles on my last DEN-IAH flight sunday afternoon in biz.
definitely seen stroopwafels in the F snack basket (various times of day), but given the no bistro on board offered line, I’d suspect they were in Y as well.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe

definitely seen stroopwafels in the F snack basket (various times of day), but given the no bistro on board offered line, I’d suspect they were in Y as well.
We were served them, they were on the tray that I think is usually used for the small heated towels. She even used the tongs that they use for the heated towels. Not disagreeing, just saying it was kind of odd.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
LAS-SFO, early evening flight. In Economy only beverages (no free snacks or other food), and an announcement was made that only one beverage per passenger will be offered.

A few days earlier, morning flight SFO-LAS, Stroopwaffel was offered in Economy.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
That's a 415-mile flight; sounds like a catering issue.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
That's a 415-mile flight; sounds like a catering issue.
May I ask what gave you that impression (because I clearly disagree its a catering issue but I want to hear your side before I state mine)?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
You disagree it was likely a catering issue? If United had done away with snacks and imposed a one-drink limit last week on flights under 450 or 500 miles, we'd have more than one report.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
You disagree it was likely a catering issue? If United had done away with snacks and imposed a one-drink limit last week on flights under 450 or 500 miles, we'd have more than one report.
Oh I think I had a different definition of 'catering'.
In my head, catering means meals / BOBs / etc. Since it was a short flight, I wouldn't expect them to be on the flight.

The one limit drinks sounds like they were just trying to get through the entire cabin in the short flight. Whether it was because a captain told them there was turbulence and they had less time or 'laziness' I don't know but I try not to pass judgement unless I know for sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.