Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2018]

Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Latest offer good until 25 June 2018
Check offer

March 12, 2018 offer good thru March 19, 2018
Terms and conditions:
1. Offer is for select United MileagePlus® members and only the original recipient of this offer is eligible to participate.
2. All Premier® qualifying miles ("PQM") and Premier qualifying segments ("PQS") purchased with this offer are nonrefundable.
3. Must be a MileagePlus member to participate in this offer.
4. Offer allows, per member, a maximum purchase of 15,000 PQM and 15 PQS toward 2018 PQM and PQS balance and 2019 Premier status qualification. PQM and PQS purchases must be made in increments of 1,000 PQM and 1 PQS; there is no minimum PQM and PQS purchase. Purchased PQM and PQS will be posted to the 2018 PQM and PQS balance in the account of the member listed on the purchase page.
5. PQM and PQS purchased through this offer only count toward qualification for 2019 Premier status and do not count toward and may not be used for award redemption.
6. PQM and PQS purchases do not count toward the Premier qualifying dollar ("PQD") requirement for Premier status qualification.
7. Purchases only supplement a member's 2018 PQM and PQS balance and can help you meet the PQM and PQS requirements for Premier status qualification but do not guarantee status qualification. As part of qualification for any Premier level, members must fly a minimum of four paid flights operated by United® or United Express® during a calendar year and satisfy any applicable PQD requirements. (Certain Chase cardholders are exempt from the minimum flight requirement.) View Premier status qualification requirements.
8. All PQM and PQS are sold in U.S. dollars through this offer.
9. A customer can make a purchase in connection with this offer only once.
10. Other restrictions apply.
11. Fees may vary by member. Offer and fees are subject to change without notice.
12. PQM/PQS purchased through this offer will be posted to the member's account within 7 business days of the purchase date. If the member qualifies for the next Premier status level through this offer, the member's Premier status level may also take up to 7 business days to update in the member's account.
Previous threads:
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2017]
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2016]
Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2015]
Print Wikipost

Targeted - Boost your Premier qualifying miles & segments for $$ [Consolidated 2018]

Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
15k PQM for $3470. Worst offer that they have sent me by far.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mtftw
15k PQM for $3470. Worst offer that they have sent me by far.
I got the email - but it's telling me that I've either logged in with an inelligible account or I've already taken advantage of the offer? Neither is true so not sure what gives.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 20, 2018 at 2:42 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
I got the email - but it's telling me that I've either logged in with an inelligible account or I've already taken advantage of the offer? Neither is true so not sure what gives.
Just called customer service. Apparently a lot of people are experiencing this "bug" It's a know issue. Given people's reaction to the offer - maybe it's a good thing.

UPDATE: Supervisor said that the offer will only let you do a maximum of 15k miles a year and I guess I did this earlier in the year so I don't qualify. She apologized b/c she said they were getting lots of calls and didn't understand why they were sending offers to people that didn't qualify.

I guess UA only wants so much of your money. It's interesting they would limit it frankly given that you still need to satisfy the PQD requirement - at least for 1k.

Last edited by DCEsquire; Aug 24, 2018 at 11:08 am Reason: UPDATE
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
.... Supervisor said that the offer will only let you do a maximum of 15k miles a year and I guess I did this earlier in the year so I don't qualify. .....
That has been the cap for January buy-ups and these PQM boosts since they were first offered (2013?)

The Premier Award Accelerator does not have the same limit and is many times cheaper but you have less selectability on the quantity.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That has been the cap for January buy-ups and these PQM boosts since they were first offered (2013?)

The Premier Award Accelerator does not have the same limit and is many times cheaper but you have less selectability on the quantity.
Only UA would have a system which caps the ability to purchase really expensive, mostly useless, things in convenient quantities, while at the same time allow you to buy unlimited amounts of those very same mostly useless things at a much cheaper price point in undesirable amounts.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus - Executive Club
How do you guys get it for so cheap? I am currently at 66K PQM...
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: UA GS, QF Plat, Marriot/SPG Plat, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by .Benjamin.
How do you guys get it for so cheap? I am currently at 66K PQM...
where is that option where you ca select how many you need?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: Mileage Plus - Executive Club
Originally Posted by willfam3

where is that option where you ca select how many you need?
It's where you see your progress,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.