Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United / FFG Spring Mini-DO at CLE (May 5, 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United / FFG Spring Mini-DO at CLE (May 5, 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am arriving Friday afternoon staying at the Hilton in the city.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
I'm local. For anybody coming in on Friday, there's a couple of things going on that night in town that folks might enjoy.

The Cleveland Museum of Art has a fun "first Fridays" event the first Friday of every month. Info here: MIX at CMA Cleveland Museum of Art

There's a rapidly-growing brewery called Fathead's in North Olmsted OH, only about 5 minutes from the airport, with gigantic sandwiches and awesome beer.

PM me if you want any other suggestions. Mrs. Darlox and I may be around, but I'm actually trying to fend off a business trip that week -- if unsuccessful, I probably won't get home until late Friday night!

Welcome to CLE everyone!
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm arriving Friday around noon. Staying at the airport Hilton Garden Inn.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

We have hit our 35 spot limit. Waitlist begins now!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Darlox
I'm local. For anybody coming in on Friday, there's a couple of things going on that night in town that folks might enjoy.

The Cleveland Museum of Art has a fun "first Fridays" event the first Friday of every month. Info here: MIX at CMA Cleveland Museum of Art

There's a rapidly-growing brewery called Fathead's in North Olmsted OH, only about 5 minutes from the airport, with gigantic sandwiches and awesome beer.

PM me if you want any other suggestions. Mrs. Darlox and I may be around, but I'm actually trying to fend off a business trip that week -- if unsuccessful, I probably won't get home until late Friday night!

Welcome to CLE everyone!
Ditto, welcome to CLE for everyone visiting from out of town!

Ms. LincolnJKC works at the Museum and while in my old age (ie 10 days shy of 34 as of the Mini-DO) I tend to stay in on Fridays when I'm home, if anyone wants to connect at the Museum during MIX we'd be glad to host [I say that without checking with her first, of course ]

If you don't want to deal with a car, you can ride the RTA Red Line direct from the airport to the Little Italy station, and the museum is only about a 10-15 minute walk from there through University Circle, one of my favorite parts of Cleveland.
Xyzzy, FreqFlyerCLE and AceReport like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I haven't been to Cleveland (besides connecting at Hopkins) in over a decade. I'm looking forward to it!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
Anyone arriving Friday night?
I'm booked in at the airport Marriott.
I am arriving Friday late afternoon, also staying at the FS Marriott airport.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I am arriving Friday late afternoon, also staying at the FS Marriott airport.
My current schedule has me in @ 20:00
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
My current schedule has me in @ 20:00
OK. Let me know if you would like to grab a late drink or anything. I should be at the hotel by 6PM or so.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:58 am

Seven days and counting. . .
The only thing that could keep me away is the four days in the home orifice with nothing scheduled.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: UA
Will an email be sent with instructions on where to meet etc.?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have a couple of small items that I could contribute to be auctioned.... Anything to do except just bring them to the event?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FreqFlyerCLE
Will an email be sent with instructions on where to meet etc.?
Yes, this will be sent no later than Monday morning.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I have a couple of small items that I could contribute to be auctioned.... Anything to do except just bring them to the event?
Yes, that would be great!
FreqFlyerCLE likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:24 am

I have just been informed that this function overlaps cinco de mayo (sorry if misspelled - gmbH autocorrect) now I can add CLE to the list of locations I have celebrated in. FRA, MEX, NYC, NRT. I look forward to too many adult beverages, all in the name of good statesmanship of course.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have just been informed that this function overlaps cinco de mayo (sorry if misspelled - gmbH autocorrect) now I can add CLE to the list of locations I have celebrated in. FRA, MEX, NYC, NRT. I look forward to too many adult beverages, all in the name of good statesmanship of course.
I am probably going to stay Saturday night as well, so if any locals know of a fun place to celebrate, let me know...
Dublin_rfk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.