Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club Pass + Priority Pass + NRT to BWI via ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Club Pass + Priority Pass + NRT to BWI via ORD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by docbert
I had no issues doing it about 2 months ago. I was in the UA terminal and they refused to let me catch the bus without a T5 boarding pass, but I went landside, caught the train, and was able to enter security without any issues.

Coming back there is no bus, so I had to again go landside to get back to the B/C gates.
Interesting! I was also under the impression you needed a T5 boarding pass, but I've never attempted it myself as most of the advice I've seen agreed with that and it's quite out of the way to go and fail to get in. Maybe I'll give it a shot next time I have a long layover there.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by uanj
I had the same question. Why are people saying there are no showers in the United Club in Narita?
I used one of their super stylish (NOT!)1980s style showers on May 21st, 2017.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

It turned out, in the end, that we had to wait 40 minutes on the Tarmac because they had no gates open.

Then my Global Entry didn't work because they never said I had to update my passport when I got my replacement.

So in the end, I had enough time to get everything done, get to the gate, and board.
thejaredhuang likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by findark
SFO is pretty paltry as well, with the only option in Terminal A which is not connected to anything else airside.
Read from another FT thread, SFO now has two restaurants in terminal 3 (Yankee Pier and SF Giants Club House) with $28 credit each for cardholder and a guest.

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...8-13b683343e98
findark likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer
And DCA, with no options
DCA now has a PP restaurant right by the United gates
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
Yes, it's great! (except when I'm flying AA or WN)
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
SFO now has two restaurants in terminal 3 (Yankee Pier and SF Giants Club House) with $28 credit each for cardholder and a guest.
Excellent news! Too bad we didn't know this on our last trip.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Excellent news! Too bad we didn't know this on our last trip.
I did not know that either until I read it from another FT thread. If you flying out of terminal 3 (UA) and international G gates, these two restaurants are ideal instead of using United Clubs.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=22732
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer
Yes, it's great! (except when I'm flying AA or WN)
If you're flying out of gates 35-45 on AA (pier C) American Tap Room is also part of PP.
lixiaojuventus likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
It's sad that PP is absolutely useless at ORD. Such a big airport and no domestic options. Hopefully that will change in the coming years as the renovation creates more space.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Explorer789
It's sad that PP is absolutely useless at ORD. Such a big airport and no domestic options. Hopefully that will change in the coming years as the renovation creates more space.
I would be very surprised if the new "global terminal" (T2) doesn't have some PP options, since T5 currently has two.

But, we're still many years out and the nature of the PP program may change in that time...
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by gprimr1
Hoping for a little advice on how to best do this.

Family trip to visit my sister in Japan, but flying back separately because I live in Baltimore and they live in DC, and my friends can drive me to BWI. Outbound is no problem, flying up to Newark Thursday night and using a free hotel night.

Coming back April 7th.

Depart Narita at 5:30pm, Arrive at Chicago at 2:30pm. Depart for BWI at 6:30pm. (Approx Times) All on United Airlines, no codeshares with ANA.

I have 2 United Club passes, and I, but not my parents, am a member of Priority Pass. My mom might want to use the lounge, and I will DEF want a shower when arriving in Chicago. I know there are $10 showers a Narita.

What's the best strategy to use the passes and membership?
If you are a Hilton Honors member - no status needed - you can use the ORD Hilton Fitness Center accessible via underground tunnel from the terminals
10 Minute walk Max, 15 bucks give access to showers, sauna, steam room and mini lap pool.
Used it on a 2 hour layover last month and it was a fabulous experience!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.