Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:12 pm

Just wanted to chime in and am also not getting my eTicket confirmations. Furthermore, I am not getting them even if I request one on the united website. I tried yesterday and have not received anything today. It's very strange.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by LIH
Header says Issue Date March 15, 2018 (e-mail recieved on 3/23). No other dates noted in the e-mail.
No, there will be additional headers that will provide technical information and exact times of transmission between servers, but they are almost always hidden from the default view. Usually, there's an option to reveal them. In my email client, I need to open the email, then go to a drop-down menu where there is an option "Show Raw Message" and then it will show all the headers.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I haven't seen a ticketed email in months, only processing ones.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:59 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mozilla
No, there will be additional headers that will provide technical information and exact times of transmission between servers, but they are almost always hidden from the default view. Usually, there's an option to reveal them. In my email client, I need to open the email, then go to a drop-down menu where there is an option "Show Raw Message" and then it will show all the headers.
Well outside my area of core competency but if you knew how to do that in Gmail I would be happy to have a go at it.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH
Well outside my area of core competency but if you knew how to do that in Gmail I would be happy to have a go at it.
In Gmail click the top-right side drop-down menu triangle (next to the Reply arrow), then look for 'Show Original'.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:40 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fumje
In Gmail click the top-right side drop-down menu triangle (next to the Reply arrow), then look for 'Show Original'.
Neat. All of the dates in that say Friday 3/23, a week later then when I booked it. It says it was delivered in "2 seconds" after it was created. All the dates attached to the various IP interactions also say 3/23.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
I have also been experiencing the sporadic ticketing emails. Had an odd one, though. I booked an award flight, took the flight, and four days later got the ticketing email for that flight
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:52 am
LIH

Maybe someone with more of an IT background could read into this: I booked 3 OWs this AM over the course of roughly 30 minutes (a lot of logistics to figure out). 5 hours later, I just received the ticketed confirmation e-mails with the first two coming at effectively the exact same time and the third one coming about 4 minutes later. They were delivered in chronological order to when I booked them. Meanwhile, I am still missing 4-5 of these from itineraries booked last week.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by LIH
Maybe someone with more of an IT background could read into this: I booked 3 OWs this AM over the course of roughly 30 minutes (a lot of logistics to figure out). 5 hours later, I just received the ticketed confirmation e-mails with the first two coming at effectively the exact same time and the third one coming about 4 minutes later. They were delivered in chronological order to when I booked them. Meanwhile, I am still missing 4-5 of these from itineraries booked last week.
They're fixing the backlog/issue on the servers. Your emails from last week won't come. A huge backlog clearance occured this AM.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
They're fixing the backlog/issue on the servers. Your emails from last week won't come. A huge backlog clearance occured this AM.
What caused the issue?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by anc-ord772

What caused the issue?
I do not know for sure. I have some theories, but I would only be speculating at this point.
I am not 100% the issue has been resolved.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Just received one for a booking I made on 3/24. The e-mail header indicates it was sent today (4/5).
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:26 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by capedreamer
Just received one for a booking I made on 3/24. The e-mail header indicates it was sent today (4/5).
I booked ORD-LHR on March 26. Coincidentally, as like you, I just received an email receipt. Kind of threw me.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I booked ORD-LHR on March 26. Coincidentally, as like you, I just received an email receipt. Kind of threw me.
FWIW, the e-mail receipt also reflected the original seat assignments made at booking even though I've made changes since then (which are still reflected on UA.com).
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Same for me

Originally Posted by iluv2fly

Booked on 26 March, received confirmation email a few minutes ago 5 April.

I always have to call CS to remove Mexican Tourism tax as I am a Permanent Resident. The confirmation email is correct (tax removed), the seat is correct. I had asked the CSR when I called to send the email for my records, he said it was noted in my records 3 emails requested and in queue but they were experiencing "bugs" within their system, I was not 1st customer to ask about this.

I also thought it weird when I got the email. Had forgotten about it actually, luckily not forgotten about the flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.