Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

my non-elite wife is traveling solo tomorrow... I am PRem SIlver - can i get her E+

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

my non-elite wife is traveling solo tomorrow... I am PRem SIlver - can i get her E+

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Russell745
Actually CO was great about things like that in the early days. I was a Plat in 2001 .......
Yes, 15-20 years ago high elites and even mid-level (for many programs) got great treatment and that could on occasion even extend to others traveling by themselves but today, getting back to the OP's question -- a Silver today is unlikely to get comp'ed E+ for another traveler when not traveling.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
This is one of those rare cases, I would call up and ask. If they say no, try playing the DYKWIA card and act like an over entitled elite. Maybe they give it to you just to get you off the phone.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
This is one of those rare cases, I would call up and ask. If they say no, try playing the DYKWIA card and act like an over entitled elite. Maybe they give it to you just to get you off the phone.
What makes this a rare case?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:57 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
Originally Posted by DENflyer3

OH Really!!! I never new that there are rare cases for getting my kids moved into E+. They're both flying to BKK in March (w/o me) and are using my miles. I guess all I need to do is call and tell them that my very special darlin's need to move up, by manufacturing some sort-a scam story.

This is SO COOL, and getting advice like this is super rad!^
I'm just wondering how many huaca's I might be in store for?
drotman likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by hughw
What makes this a rare case?
That she flew yesterday
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I was saying its a rare case that "I" would do it. Back in '08/'9 when we changed travel habits substantially as work slowed down, I was relegated to mere silver or 1P at the time, and when I had to I would call as the guy who did not know any better and just ..... until I got what I wanted or needed. I am saying there are rare instances that one might need to try and flex muscle to get something done like this. However, calling to get the kids together is something you should absolutely try at "your" discretion. Frankly, this is the website where I came to learn how to get the most out of status, so anyone who knows ways to pull off getting add on's to their benefits, I say more power to you.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Got a credit card handy?
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Yes you can. It will cost between $39 and $159 or so depending on the length of the flight
Some people have a very weird definition of "free"...

Originally Posted by caseminole
wondering if anyone has tried to get a free E+ upgrade for Premier Silver's spouse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.