Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA to introduce new vodka onboard, summer 2018

UA to introduce new vodka onboard, summer 2018

Old May 30, 18, 6:59 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

It's a soft cutover, so Titos will still be onboard until supplies deplete.
Old May 30, 18, 7:53 pm

I won't knock it until I try it. Maybe it's really good!
narvik likes this.
Old May 30, 18, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN
And no Tomato Juice in the June edition of Hemispheres. Before anyone defends this as a delay due to the final edits in print prior to the reversal, I flew several flights these past two weeks and not one can loaded. Along with the omission in the June Magazine, What does this say about how UA was quick to remove a product and slow to add it back versus the approach of burn-down inventory of product and reversed course with little consumer viewed disruption?
Old May 30, 18, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt DSC, HHonors/SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
Like DetroitFlyer, I won't knock it until I try it, but Tito's is going to be tough to beat, IMHO.
AlohafromKOA likes this.
Old May 30, 18, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Interesting given Tito's was the Texas product... Maybe Buffalo Trace is giving them a good rate to carry both vodka and whiskey.
Old May 31, 18, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Halo117 View Post
And no Tomato Juice in the June edition of Hemispheres. Before anyone defends this as a delay due to the final edits in print prior to the reversal, I flew several flights these past two weeks and not one can loaded. Along with the omission in the June Magazine, What does this say about how UA was quick to remove a product and slow to add it back versus the approach of burn-down inventory of product and reversed course with little consumer viewed disruption?
I disagree strongly that "UA was quick to remove tomato juice."

It was likely in planning for far longer than either the announcement or when it was actually removed. Supply chains in catering have months of lead time sometimes for certain things. It is virtually impossible to make a quick decision to either remove or add a product within days or even a couple weeks.
Old May 31, 18, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Having spent a lot of time at places like the vodka bar at Red Square at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, I can tell you there definitely exist differences between various vodkas.

However, having spent a lot of time at places like the vodka bar at Red Square at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, I'm not sure I could coherently explain what any of the differences are
so if i'm ordering a vodka martini, what do you recommend for a mid range spirit? (not rotgut but not paying out the butt for something that by definition is tasteless)
Old May 31, 18, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by greggarious View Post
so if i'm ordering a vodka martini, what do you recommend for a mid range spirit? (not rotgut but not paying out the butt for something that by definition is tasteless)
I don't suppose United carries vermouth, do they?
Old May 31, 18, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, National Exec
Thumbs down First Courvoisier now Tito's...SMH

Agreed that Tito's is the GF vodka of choice. One good vodka that anyone can drink.
Likewise, Cognac is fortified wine.
Come on, UA. This is just not fair.
atword likes this.
Old May 31, 18, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA GS (1MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Titanium"
Originally Posted by fezzington View Post
"Starting this summer, we will begin offering Wheatley Vodka as our exclusive vodka brand on flights worldwide. Wheatley Vodka is a craft distilled vodka created by the same makers as the award winning Buffalo Trace bourbon." -- via a friend of mine in communications.

No public announcement yet, nor transition date.
Going to drink all the Tito's I can onboard until then, starting in about 1 hour!
Old Jun 5, 18, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Had the new vodka today on a skywest flight, I had to ask the FA what vodka it was.

Much much better than Tito’s!! Good job for whoever found this gem of a vodka! I had Tito’s on last nights flight and Wheatley today.

Such a smoother vodka!
narvik and SkiPremier like this.
Old Jun 5, 18, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer View Post
I won't knock it until I try it. Maybe it's really good!
Originally Posted by LASUA1K View Post
Much much better than Tito’s!! Good job for whoever found this gem of a vodka!

I was also wondering if some weren't jumping the gun in this thread, and prematurely bashing Wheatley before even trying it.

LASUA1K likes this.
Old Jun 5, 18, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by exerda View Post
Interesting given Tito's was the Texas product... Maybe Buffalo Trace is giving them a good rate to carry both vodka and whiskey.
Do airlines have some federal exemption from the three-tier system?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: