I love 1k

Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Just switched from 737 to 767 for free 3 hours veggie take off and got a cpu to 9f in new polaris seats. The seat is huge. Shoulder space fine and I can lie flat!!! Never been able to do that before. The only problem was lack of pillows and getting a sore neck. I've already forgotten about the censorship... Although I did email.oscar

Also got $125 inattentive credit cos.my foot rest wouldn't come up 100%

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Just switched from 737 to 767 for free 3 hours veggie take off and got a cpu to 9f in new polaris seats. The seat is huge. Shoulder space fine and I can lie flat!!! Never been able to do that before. The only problem was lack of pillows and getting a sore neck. I've already forgotten about the censorship... Although I did email.oscar
The "Yin" thread to the "Yang" https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ntment-1k.html thread? Albeit, likely shorter....

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 28, 2018 at 3:25 pm
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Just switched from 737 to 767 for free 3 hours veggie take off
Also got $125 inattentive credit
I'm guessing this post was the victim of auto-correct, but I can't for the life of me figure out what either of these is supposed to be.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
My guess is "before" takeoff and "inoperative" ...let's see how close I get.
mrt88 and RobOnLI like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'm guessing this post was the victim of auto-correct, but I can't for the life of me figure out what either of these is supposed to be.
Auto-correct nearly got me in trouble when I wrote "FTers" without the capital letters. Good that I caught it before I get a total embarrassment.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I think there are many of us that enjoy being 1K members, else we would not aim to achieve the requisite PQMs/PQS and PQDs. This does not mean there are not things that frustrate me or that it is nirvana, but at this time I am happy with the benefits 1K brings to ensure I meet the minimum requirements to get 1K each year. If that changes then I suspect that I will move my business elsewhere. United does not currently get all my business as there are things that I do not like but there are more things about 1K that do appeal to me. I like the benefits of the GPUs, the support during IRROPS, the 1K desk for quick response to my calls and let's not forget the miles multiple 1K members - 11x vs less for other MP members. (I do not know what GS gets but then I will never qualify as GS so it is a moot point to me.) I like the GPUs enough that I require all my clients agree to fly me in a fare class that will support the ability to use GPUs. Happy 1K member.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
When I was Chairman's Preferred on USAirways, I loved being Chairman's Preferred.
When I was Gold on British Airways, I loved being Gold.
Now that I'm 1K on United, I love being 1K.

It makes travel easier. When there's a problem, I call and problems get solved.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
.... and let's not forget the miles multiple 1K members - 11x vs less for other MP members. (I do not know what GS gets but then I will never qualify as GS so it is a moot point to me.) I like the GPUs enough that I require all my clients agree to fly me in a fare class that will support the ability to use GPUs. Happy 1K member.
GS actually gets the same mileage multiplier as 1K. But they get more inventory when booking award travel, and can use GPUs and RPUs on coach award tickets.

To quote Larry David, 1K is "pretty, pretty good". Maybe he should be the Mileage Plus spokesperson?
iluv2fly and Xyzzy like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
I like 1K status. I also like to complain about UA on these forums. Not sure the issues are mutually exclusive
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just switched from 737 to 767 for free 3 hours veggie take off
Also got $125 inattentive credit
And I was guessing the cause was PDB r three.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Ditto
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread title makes me think that United needs to hire Randy Newman to do an ad campaign...

From Causeway Bay to the Valley
From the midwest to Hawaii
Everybody's very happy
If their GPU will clear today
Looks like another perfect day,

I love 1K!
onthesam and PTahCha like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Okay, but what about...

I've already forgotten about the censorship...
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumje
And I was guessing the cause was PDB r three.
we have a winner.

Now sober - I still love 1k. But I'm easy to please
laxmillenial likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we have a winner.

Now sober - I still love 1k. But I'm easy to please
Cheers! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.