Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
My trivial gripe. What's yours?

I remember that there was an enjoyable thread last year where we shared our least substantive/important complaint about United. I thought that I would start a new thread for 2018 with my pet peeve. And I know that some will want to flame me for it, but I am from Brooklyn, so I can take it!

Every time my CPUs clear, I am placed in Row 1, and often the window seat. My least favorite seat on domestic flights is Row 1, window seat. I wish that there was some way that the system could recognize my seat preference. When I get a notification about an upgrade (and this is pretty hit or miss), I go in and change the seat manually, and there is almost always something better and more to my liking available.

Others, feel free to share your least substantive/important complaints too...
mikeyf likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Strangely, I tend to get dumped into non-bulkhead windows even on empty cabins (which is my preference). Maybe there is a way, but I don't know how it works.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by meducate
Every time my CPUs clear, I am placed in Row 1, and often the window seat. My least favorite seat on domestic flights is Row 1, window seat. I wish that there was some way that the system could recognize my seat preference. When I get a notification about an upgrade (and this is pretty hit or miss), I go in and change the seat manually, and there is almost always something better and more to my liking available.
+1! Except for the part about almost always something better.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:03 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by meducate

Others, feel free to share your least substantive/important complaints too...
Much to my surprise got upgraded on a domestic segment of my int'l flight to SIN. Sure enough, 1A Even at only 2 weeks out, did find a better seat

Found out when I did my daily check of my seats - no email notification.

Come to think of it, time to head over to UAL.com .....
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
For me, it'd be "certain FAs give me the entire can of CranApple" and "I wish all FAs would give me the entire can of CranApple" (without prompting).

Sometimes, it's the little things (in Y) that count.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Phone call length

Some 1K agents are very good and take care of my reservation problems quickly. However, it took a good 40 min to manually add my name to the upgrade standby list after check-in. The agent had to ask her supervisor to do this task for her while I was waiting. There is no point that I should wait for such a simple request.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
The retractable stanchion that guards 1K/Polaris baggage check-in at ORD is always closed. It's supposed to be manned but an agent only seems to show up after the fact in order to challenge pax who move the rope section and enter on their own...
chicinchicago likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
My cinnamon roll was served to me upside down this morning, so all the sugary sweet topping was mashed and melted into the wrapper. Very uncouth.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Schedule changes on my early morning flights always seem to push them later, rather than earlier, which I would prefer
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:00 am

zymm: I had one morning flight that was pushed earlier. The change also resulted in the meal on the flight going from lunch to breakfast, which I don't care for as much!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zymm
Schedule changes on my early morning flights always seem to push them later, rather than earlier, which I would prefer
If I have a flight at 6:30 AM, I would hate for it to be earlier. Less sleep for me. But the flight being pushed later would make me really happy.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: UA GS and 1MM; SPG/Marr Plat; Hilton Gold
The phone agent listed my 9 year-old daughter as the lead passenger on our international itinerary. As a result, her name is identified on the United App's reservations list as travelling to HKG.
laxmillenial and chermorg like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I have another: the smaller-sized Polaris pajamas are too small for me, and the larger-sized pajamas are too large for me.
choch345, mikeyf and atword like this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by 9elf S
The phone agent listed my 9 year-old daughter as the lead passenger on our international itinerary. As a result, her name is identified on the United App's reservations list as travelling to HKG.
It's never too young to start!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
I miss card stock boarding passes. It's all thin paper at the out stations anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.