Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:51 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Mine is the lack of significant screw ups the last two years. I haven’t had compensation or VDB compensation since $1000 to take a later DEN-ABQ flight... I have to actually pay for status earning tickets these days
onthesam likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bdw1120
DirecTV blackout during take off "due to normal aircraft movement" esp. when watching sports.
Moreso when it happens while parked at the gate TV service kept cutting in and out "due to normal aircraft movement" which would've been tolerable if it hadn't lasted so long due to multiple MX issues.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
When looking at the seat map in my reservations on the website I have all the information I need: flight number, date, seat, airport codes - apart from timings. Of course I can get it elsewhere but it seems such a trivial oversight. And gripe. So here I am.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I would love to see an "avoid bulkhead rows" for when a CPU clears. I keep my backpack with me under the seat in front and having to stand up to get it from an overhead bin is a trivial inconvenience.
meducate and ExplorerWannabe like this.

Last edited by RockinRon; Jul 26, 2019 at 8:30 am Reason: Clarity
Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
When modifying an itinerary search in the app, the date field defaults to the return date, not the inbound date. I have had to repeat many a search because of this. Has anyone else seen this? If so, does it cross the threshold from trivial into the next category (nuisance?)?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RockinRon
I would love to see an "avoid bulkhead rows" for a CPU clears. I keep my backpack with me under the seat in front and having to stand up to get it from an overhead bin is a trivial inconvenience.
A real lavish feature would be different seat preferences depending on whether it’s a bulkhead and a priority order:
Personal preference:
  1. Window Bulkhead
  2. Aisle Bulkhead
  3. Aisle - all other rows
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VWang1111

A real lavish feature would be different seat preferences depending on whether it’s a bulkhead and a priority order:
Personal preference:
  1. Window Bulkhead
  2. Aisle Bulkhead
Now that is just crazy talk!
onthesam likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would love to see an "avoid bulkhead rows" for when a CPU clears. I keep my backpack with me under the seat in front and having to stand up to get it from an overhead bin is a trivial inconvenience.
Why dream small? Let me specify a preference ranking for each seat on each aircraft config!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
GA called GS and 1K's at the same time this morning in DEN. Usually this would not have been a problem except for the 87 1K's my flight who all straight lined right in front of me to get on and grab my overhead bin space, which really sucked when I was on a 319 1A. My bag ended up somewhere around row 10. I am soo complaining tonight after my therapist talks me off the ledge!
LimeyFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VWang1111

Personal preference:
  1. Window Bulkhead
  2. Aisle Bulkhead
I'd love to tell them to avoid bulkheads. I've even regretted upgrades at times because the "upgrade" put me in a bulkhead row. My personal preference:
  1. Business non-bulkhead Aisle
  2. Business non-bulkhead Window
  3. Economy non-bulkhead Plus Aisle
  4. Economy non-bulkhead Minus Aisle
  5. Business bulkhead Aisle
  6. Economy non-bulkhead Plus Window
  7. Business bulkhead Window
  8. Economy non-bulkhead Minus Window
  9. Economy bulkhead
  10. Any Economy Middle
I'm sure that's beyond their programming abilities. ;-)
RockinRon likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Two gripes to report:
  1. When looking at the upgrade list, I can' t see what status level everyone possesses. For example, it would be interesting to see that #1-#14 on the upgrade list are 1K; #15-#22 are Platinum, etc. I wanna know just not how many positions I missed an upgrade by, but how many status levels (or even fare classes) I missed a CPU.
  2. I'm currently UA Gold, but I anticipate travel by the end of the year will qualify me for Platinum for the first time. When I go to board in Group 1, I'm already annoyed by the fact that I will need to board with other Golds after I achieve Platinum.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by saFlyTalk
When I go to board in Group 1, I'm already annoyed by the fact that I will need to board with other Golds after I achieve Platinum.
Are you also annoyed that you get to board with Platinums now?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Are you also annoyed that you get to board with Platinums now?
Yes, too many boarding alongside Golds.

When I get to Platinum and if Golds get bumped down from Group 1, my gripe would be that I now need $9,000 PQD for Group 1 boarding, whereas I could previously get there with $6,000 PQD.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:41 pm

What's with the fake buttons on the PJ tops? There are no button holes, just buttons!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by malgudi
What's with the fake buttons on the PJ tops? There are no button holes, just buttons!
Wasn't the idea that you could attach the cloth napkin to it during dining?
The new pajamas don't have the buttons though, do they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.