Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
2 trivial gripes:
2) United should allow profile to include different seat preferences for redeye vs day flights. I like aisle seats except on redeyes, where I prefer windows.
I suggest a complete suite of seat preferences by route and aircraft type, and if possible, let us specify 4 specific seats for each preference in priority order.
Then we could add preferences concerning behaviour of our nearest neigbhours :-)
Old May 31, 2018, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
My trivial gripe is that Scott Kirby is still employed by United.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by DCP2016
My trivial gripe is that Scott Kirby is still employed by United.
That is TRIVIAL???

iluv2fly and DCP2016 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by segiddins
Every time we cross 10k feet and there’s the double chime, the flight attendant says the seatbelt sign is still on. Every. Single. Time. Don’t know why we can’t be trusted to just look at the sign.
It occurs to me that some passengers are blind and cannot see the seatbelt sign.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
This one applies mostly to Newark, but I’m sick of delays because the plane has not been cleaned and/or catered.... despite having landed 8 hours ago.
Originally Posted by CMK10
It occurs to me that some passengers are blind and cannot see the seatbelt sign.
The converse gripe are the 13+ hour flights where the United captain never once turns off the seatbelt sign. When we hit turbulence they just quickly turn it off and on again so it will ding, and announce “seatbelts!”

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 4, 2018 at 9:24 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LordHamster

The converse gripe are the 13+ hour flights where the United captain never once turns off the seatbelt sign. When we hit turbulence they just quickly turn it off and on again so it will ding, and announce “seatbelts!”
I don't mind that — just makes it easier for me to catch the lavatory unoccupied.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by lsu2012
I personally can't stand how United puts their credit card holders in group 2. Put them in group three and then consolidate 4 and 5 into one.
5 is BE, and helps GA see who is not eligible for a carry-on. Could consolidate 3 and 4 into one group, though.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
I don't mind that — just makes it easier for me to catch the lavatory unoccupied.
And get scolded by the FA.....At least, if the FA catches you on the return to your seat, it's less of a problem. But I have seen passengers sent back to their seats before reaching the toilet.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: None anymore
So I have one. I got to the airport (FAT) at 4:30AM for a 5:50AM flight because my girlfriend needed to check a bag, and I know that check in can get crowded since UA flies an a320 for their 5:50AM flight to SFO. Apparently, and I'm not sure who made the decision whether it was self elected or a ticket agent told them to, but the Premier Access line was just as long as economy and was filled with about 40-50 baseball players who were all on group ticketing. Standing in the midst of this group I got questioned by those around me several times saying that I was "in the wrong line" and that this line "was for group ticketing only." I got fed up with being hassled so I walked over to the counter and asked them if they no longer had a line for 1K, and they ended up processing me right there on the spot and giving me my ticket.

So my gripe is that there was zero line control for premier, bag check, and economy. If someone's doing group ticketing it should be off to the side or something like that... It was extremely frustrating. I am however very happy with how the ticket counter handled the situation instead of making me wait somewhere else.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
My cinnamon roll was served to me upside down this morning, so all the sugary sweet topping was mashed and melted into the wrapper. Very uncouth.
oh the horror!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:59 pm

Went standby DEN-IAD yesterday, at the top of the standby list. Got a seat (yay) 30E (boo). My grip is that then #3 on the standby list cleared a minute later into an aisle seat. Yes I was happy to catch the earlier flight, but middle E- is never great.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by adams828
Went standby DEN-IAD yesterday, at the top of the standby list. Got a seat (yay) 30E (boo). My grip is that then #3 on the standby list cleared a minute later into an aisle seat. Yes I was happy to catch the earlier flight, but middle E- is never great.
Same thing happens when you are on the waitlist for an upgrade to Polaris Business. Last year, on a ORD-MUC, I was number 2 on the upgrade list and my wife was number 3. It was a 3-class 772 with the 2 business cabins: the first one with rows 6 and 7, the second with rows 8, 9 and 10. Number 1 in the upgrade list gets upgraded at the gate and gets a middle seat in Row 8. I get upgraded when I put my luggage above my bulkhead seat in Economy + and get a middle seat in Row 6. My wife gets upgraded just before the doors close and she gets upgraded to an aisle seat in Row 6. Which is her favorite seat in Polaris Business on the 3-class 772.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: United, AA,
Million Milers not boarding with Group 1
Old Jun 18, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
I think this gripe deserves its own thread, but oh well. So i'm sitting here are Elway's in DEN headed to EWR. Of course there is already and air traffic control delay. Why can't the app tell me when the new expected boarding time is? I mean I really do not want to leave the bar, but I know my timing. It would just be so much easier if UAL could delay a flight and also tell us when the new boarding time would be.
If it's an ATC issue, airline operations probably has some guesses as far as new departure times but still has hope they can get the plane out sooner and get things back on track from a time standpoint, so they want to encourage people to hang around the gate for a quick loading if things get better. And at least you're at the gate area where you can use a proper restroom, pick up a few snacks, and do a few stretches. Unlike Delta's usual load and hold policy for sub-hour flights and daily congestion at Atlanta, where you'll spend 20 minutes stopped on the runway in Podunk waiting for a Go from ATL ATC.

I'm a clumsy backpack wearer who knows her limitations. Therefore, I shift my pack from my back to a kangaroo position on the jet bridge right before I get on the plane proper.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Whenever I type NYC in the flight search on .bomb the first option that comes up is EWR (followed by NYC, then LGA, HPN and only then JFK) — do they not realise people might want to search for all three NYC airports together…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.