Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by meducate
I remember that there was an enjoyable thread last year where we shared our least substantive/important complaint about United. I thought that I would start a new thread for 2018 with my pet peeve. And I know that some will want to flame me for it, but I am from Brooklyn, so I can take it!

Every time my CPUs clear, I am placed in Row 1, and often the window seat. My least favorite seat on domestic flights is Row 1, window seat. I wish that there was some way that the system could recognize my seat preference. When I get a notification about an upgrade (and this is pretty hit or miss), I go in and change the seat manually, and there is almost always something better and more to my liking available.
Funny that this leads off the thread, as I just mentioned this in another thread within the past few days. Does anyone know why CPUs aren't processed into the person's preferred seat type? It seems like such an easy thing, but probably 80% of the time when a CPU clears into a window, I immediately look at the seat map and at least one of my preferred aisle is available (to which I quickly switch).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Groups of people who walk thru the airport 3 or 4 wide at a snail's pace. It's like walking behind a slow moving wall. Move the heck out of the way and in a single file line people!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
Sure, but you didn't have to suck the jack/dc off your finger. You could have just wiped your finger on your shirt like a civilized person.

But the pain is real. I've had many an unmixed and strawless drink served on UA. I've learned to solve this problem by simply chugging the drink, no matter how big the glass.
After all my years of flying, I still learn things new everyday. Thank you for both of those solutions. I shall try them next week. Today my seat belt was installed incorrectly which caused me to have to make a half twist to it so that I could wear it low and tight across my lap. How people can even travel anymore with this level of service is beyond me.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by dzstokes
My new trivial gripe...not having an arm rest on the luxurious exit row seat 18A on the 145. The foil tape is a nice touch though.
There actually is something you can do about the aisle arm rest on the EMB145's if you want leg room. One you're sure that the cart won't run over your legs, press the small button under the arm rest at the joint and the arm will lift up. You can then turn diagonally and stretch your legs out. Favorite seat for that is 2A after the FA has completed drink service and is seated. If tall (like me), your legs stretch easily into the galley.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
Groups of people who walk thru the airport 3 or 4 wide at a snail's pace. It's like walking behind a slow moving wall. Move the heck out of the way and in a single file line people!
I hate the groups that seem to not understand a cart is coming with both cart-horns and the cart operator saying "BEEP BEEP CART COMING THROUGH BEEP BEEP" and then i'm scrambling on the side of the way since the cart's trying to go around this group just walking in the middle...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by slippahs
“Only use the lavatories in your ticketed cabin.”

when i get CPUs, I am not Issued a new ticket. I guess I need to use the Y lav? Annoying.
Your wish is granted. The new script is "only use the lavatories in your cabin", at least according to my last 2 flights this past weekend.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I miss music on the flight. I loved being able to compile my own music list, and can do this on OALs.

I know you can bring your own music but it is just one more thing for me to lug when I travel. I use the WiFi at hotels for listening to music when I travel but I do not want ro pay for WiFi on UA.

So miss the music channels when flying domestically, and the ability to compIle a music list when flying internationally.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by chermorg
I hate the groups that seem to not understand a cart is coming with both cart-horns and the cart operator saying "BEEP BEEP CART COMING THROUGH BEEP BEEP" and then i'm scrambling on the side of the way since the cart's trying to go around this group just walking in the middle...
I’m on the other side of that argument. I understand comfort, but why faster?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
Tell them you think they dropped something and point behind you. It works every time.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan

I’m on the other side of that argument. I understand comfort, but why faster?
No no, i don't hate the carts, I hate the people who walk down the middle of the concourse while the cart is veering around them because they're walking literally 0.01 mph. This causes the cart to go to the side, and back to the middle, making it impossible for me to predict where the frick frack it'll end up. It'd be so much easier if people would just use the middle for fast walking like a highway... but no.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by chermorg
No no, i don't hate the carts, I hate the people who walk down the middle of the concourse while the cart is veering around them because they're walking literally 0.01 mph. This causes the cart to go to the side, and back to the middle, making it impossible for me to predict where the frick frack it'll end up. It'd be so much easier if people would just use the middle for fast walking like a highway... but no.
Don't worry -- OTG will build restaurants in the middle of those concourses so they will be forced to go left or right.
Live4Upgrade and chermorg like this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by edcho
Don't worry -- OTG will build restaurants in the middle of those concourses so they will be forced to go left or right.
Maybe they'll build them as big as the ivino in AUS... Not!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I know you can bring your own music but it is just one more thing for me to lug when I travel.
It's rare to find someone who doesn't carry a cellphone when travelling.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:00 pm

Rollaboards. They need to be banned.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It's rare to find someone who doesn't carry a cellphone when travelling.
Well I do take a callphone with me but I do not download music to it. I do listen to music through WiFi but again do not purchase the WiFi on UA after a couple of disastrous experiences.

I do find the music OALs exposes me to new songs I would probably not listen to in the regular course of events.

Trivial gripe, and appreciate I am probably a dinasour. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.