Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My trivial gripe. What's yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bmoy210
I miss card stock boarding passes. It's all thin paper at the out stations anymore.
Same. It only lasts like a week before it starts to fade too.
chermorg likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
I miss card stock boarding passes. It's all thin paper at the out stations anymore.
Surprisingly enough I have the opposite experience but same complaint. My local outstation is the only place I've been able to get card stock boarding passes.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:43 am

I love the snack-box premium when I sit in Y; my favorite is the Tapas. Lately though, some have dried fruit and almonds, others have olives and almonds. I love the olives! Can't we get some consistency here?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SW A List, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum United 1K
Originally Posted by dzstokes
I love the snack-box premium when I sit in Y; my favorite is the Tapas. Lately though, some have dried fruit and almonds, others have olives and almonds. I love the olives! Can't we get some consistency here?
oooh, would select the tapas in a heartbeat if it had dried fruit instead of olives!! Right now sticking with the other boxes (which may or may not contain the advertised content)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Hertz PC
Going miss my quick walks from parking garage to United gate once new Airport built at MCI. Broke my record this morning from my car to my gate in 4 minutes 32 seconds. (Usually it's 10 to 15 minutes)

Once new Airport opens will be in the cattle pens with all the Southwest passeengers.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dzstokes
The ones with fruit are the old ones; the olives are new (about two months ago). Still clearing stock, I guess! I agree, the olives are better.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by meducate
I have another: the smaller-sized Polaris pajamas are too small for me, and the larger-sized pajamas are too large for me.
Goldilocks, they obviously need a third size
meducate likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gigglypug
would select the tapas in a heartbeat if it had dried fruit instead of olives!
Ditto.

Originally Posted by fumje
the olives are better.
To some. Both my wife and I hate olives.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by meducate
I remember that there was an enjoyable thread last year where we shared our least substantive/important complaint about United. I thought that I would start a new thread for 2018 with my pet peeve. And I know that some will want to flame me for it, but I am from Brooklyn, so I can take it!

Every time my CPUs clear, I am placed in Row 1, and often the window seat. My least favorite seat on domestic flights is Row 1, window seat. I wish that there was some way that the system could recognize my seat preference. When I get a notification about an upgrade (and this is pretty hit or miss), I go in and change the seat manually, and there is almost always something better and more to my liking available.

Others, feel free to share your least substantive/important complaints too...
I've been first on the list with two open seats, and I usually go up to say, if/when you to clearing upgrades, would you please not put me in the bulkhead. I have found a couple of great gate agents who (actually) were waiting for me to come to the podium and to ask if i wanted the bulkhead or the other seat. Like you, i have noticed that the auto-upgrade algorithm fills seats from front to back. Usually its early enough to switch seats, when it isnt, well, at least we've been upgraded...
meducate likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme
Same. It only lasts like a week before it starts to fade too.
Why do you need them to last longer than the flight?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by malgudi
Why do you need them to last longer than the flight?
I read that some people have kept all the card stock boarding passes since their first flight years and years ago.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:07 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
This. My passes alway get crushed in my pocket or carry-on.
I wish UA could bring back the old card stock ones on their premier lines, and maybe even resize them to fit in a passport like the NH ones.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I read that some people have kept all the card stock boarding passes since their first flight years and years ago.
Some people keep their baby teeth and fingernail clippings, too. To each their own.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Some people keep their baby teeth and fingernail clippings, too. To each their own.
Except that they would not write about it in a travel forum. We do not keep our boarding passes but when we read that some people kept all of them since their first flight, my wife was thinking how sad that she did not do that. Would have been many since 1960. She did keep the one for the one time she flew on the Concorde in 1994. But she does keep a list of all the airports she had flown in in the world.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:16 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
The napkins in first normally have a button hole size slit sewn in, and I always attach the napkin to my top button while eating to protect my clothing while eating. I've had at least a dozen pax and a couple FAs lament me for "cutting the napkins"...ummm no.
Trivial indeed but the struggle is real.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.