LAX - SIN Mileage Run

Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
My question is about a place to grab a quick shower at SIN. I was reading up on the KrisFlyer Gold lounge. It doesn’t seem to have restrooms/showers in the lounge. Does anyone know of any showers airside for a UA Y passenger?
If you look at the Changi Airport website, you find information about the pay-for-use Ambassador Transit Lounge(s) that are open 24/7 ...
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:39 pm

My question is about a place to grab a quick shower at SIN. I was reading up on the KrisFlyer Gold lounge. It doesn’t seem to have restrooms/showers in the lounge. Does anyone know of any showers airside for a UA Y passenger?
There are quite a few lounges with showers accessible with Priority Pass.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K
if there are, I would like to know where to find them as I had no success. The lounge we had access to was quite ordinary. Ended up going almost 40 hours without a shower, including a full day outdoors in SIN, red eye flight to HND and then half a day in Tokyo the next day

the shower at the ANA lounge at HND that evening was probably the best shower of my life.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:13 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Originally Posted by david_oz
if there are, I would like to know where to find them as I had no success. The lounge we had access to was quite ordinary. Ended up going almost 40 hours without a shower, including a full day outdoors in SIN, red eye flight to HND and then half a day in Tokyo the next day

the shower at the ANA lounge at HND that evening was probably the best shower of my life.

Sounds like you ended up in the KrisFlyer lounge.

SATS has showers. You should have received an invitation card while checking-in or at the transit desk if you're *G traveling in Y.
SilverKris has better showers if traveling in Polaris.

Still can't beat those NH showers in HND though.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
If you look at the Changi Airport website, you find information about the pay-for-use Ambassador Transit Lounge(s) that are open 24/7 ...
Thanks for the information. I’m digging through the website.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by supergabe
Out of curiosity, what's the most airtime anyone's flown consecutively? I figure it should include layovers up to four hours. My current record is 40 hours

My record is 49 hours in F seats all in one go – with only a few hours for connections.

EZE–GRU–LRH–NRT–DFW–PHX
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Terminal 2 Transit Lounge - used to be called Ambassador now it is Harilela Hospitality. Pay-per-use showers is S$16 SGN or about $12 USD. Very nice showers. You can add on full lounge access but it's not worth it IMHO.

Harilela Hospitality

Terminal 2
Ambassador Transit Lounge
Departure Transit Lounge South,Unit # 03-036-123 (Level 3, Next to Sun-Flower Garden)
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Well the LAX-SIN mileage run is finally here, leaving 11pm tomorrow night! Arrive at 7:30am and leave at 10am from Singapore. I was told you have to be at the gate for boarding at least 45 min before departure, so if I'm off the plane at 7:45am and have to be back at 9:15am, that only gives me 1.5 hours in the airport unfortunately.

Plan is to head to SilverKris lounge and catch a shower (Polaris on the way back so should have access), and time for maybe one or two gardens. Any thoughts? Choices are Butterfly garden (T3), Sunflower garden (T2), Cactus Garden (T1). Then two more indoor gardens, Orchid and Enchanted in T2.

Not sure of the arrival gate for United, but sounds like staying in T2 would be best?

Thanks in advance!
- Tom
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:17 pm

Sounds like you have it all planned out. Depending on headwinds you'll probably land a little earlier than scheduled.

My top recommendation is Butterfly Garden followed by Sunflower. These are both outdoors (yet still behind security) so it gives you some fresh air.

Arrival gate should be E3 in T2. A 5 min walk to lounge and terminal trains.

Good luck!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrswirl
Sounds like you have it all planned out. Depending on headwinds you'll probably land a little earlier than scheduled.

My top recommendation is Butterfly Garden followed by Sunflower. These are both outdoors (yet still behind security) so it gives you some fresh air.

Arrival gate should be E3 in T2. A 5 min walk to lounge and terminal trains.

Good luck!
Great to hear - thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by tstauck
Great to hear - thanks!
enjoy your time! I like SIN I would take the shower first to ensure there's no wait. Your time is rather short on the ground so enjoy it while you can. Let us know how it all works out!
tstauck likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Well the LAX-SIN mileage run is finally here, leaving 11pm tomorrow night! Arrive at 7:30am and leave at 10am from Singapore. I was told you have to be at the gate for boarding at least 45 min before departure, so if I'm off the plane at 7:45am and have to be back at 9:15am, that only gives me 1.5 hours in the airport unfortunately.

Plan is to head to SilverKris lounge and catch a shower (Polaris on the way back so should have access), and time for maybe one or two gardens. Any thoughts? Choices are Butterfly garden (T3), Sunflower garden (T2), Cactus Garden (T1). Then two more indoor gardens, Orchid and Enchanted in T2.

Not sure of the arrival gate for United, but sounds like staying in T2 would be best?

Thanks in advance!
- Tom
One other thing, if you're not clearing customs in SIN (which you won't be), you may get stopped at the gate for the flight back because you didn't check in at SIN and get asked the security questions (e.g., "did you pack your bag yourself," etc.) When I did a SIN mileage run a couple years ago, they pulled me aside to have someone ask the questions and mark my BP. Not a big deal, but don't cut it too close to departure time.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold

Thanks in advance!
- Tom
Ugghhhh, but at least you have Polaris on the way back. I use to have to do this run pretty regularly for work when I believe it still was the "longest flight in the world". Another suggestion, although you have limited time there, is there are several places to get a message and you may need it. I can't remember precisely where I use to go but I am sure can find them.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
One other thing, if you're not clearing customs in SIN (which you won't be), you may get stopped at the gate for the flight back because you didn't check in at SIN and get asked the security questions (e.g., "did you pack your bag yourself," etc.) When I did a SIN mileage run a couple years ago, they pulled me aside to have someone ask the questions and mark my BP. Not a big deal, but don't cut it too close to departure time.
I'd just stop by the transfer desk on the way to the lounge. You pass right by there and you'll need return BP for lounge access anyway. They'll ask where you're coming from and what bags you have then put a little colored sticker on the back of your passport. Takes about 2 mins.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrswirl
I'd just stop by the transfer desk on the way to the lounge. You pass right by there and you'll need return BP for lounge access anyway. They'll ask where you're coming from and what bags you have then put a little colored sticker on the back of your passport. Takes about 2 mins.
That's what I've heard too - that you need to get that sticker for the back of the passport, so I do plan on stopping there at the transfer desk. Map of the airport printed already!

Originally Posted by nomad420
Ugghhhh, but at least you have Polaris on the way back. I use to have to do this run pretty regularly for work when I believe it still was the "longest flight in the world". Another suggestion, although you have limited time there, is there are several places to get a message and you may need it. I can't remember precisely where I use to go but I am sure can find them.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, heard about the massage places also. Looking at the map, looks like I arrive in T2 and the lounge and showers are in T3, so that will be the first trek. Then the butterfly garden in T3, and maybe massage, time permitting. It is a tight turnaround as I plan it in more detail!

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 27, 2018 at 8:18 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.