Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX - SIN Mileage Run

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by jsloan
PLXTZPM0 is a $3607 RT base fare effective from 5/1 through 8/31, for travel Monday through Thursday, requiring a 60-day advance purchase. Incidentally, if you're not worried about lifetime miles, it can be routed on NH metal, provided you use a UA code.
Ok, not sure if we are in agreement or not, but good to know it runs thru 8/31. I put up my screen shot to show you can combine an economy seat OW with a Business Class OW on one PNR and the total fare is effectively 1/2 RT Economy + 1/2 RT Business.

It seems like it is not a search easily done on Google flights (combining economy & business on one itinierary), so I just messed around with it on .bomb and figured it out. It might help someone that is looking at a status/MR that can't afford the full cost of a RT Business seat, but needs more PQD than a RT economy fare. I am sure you could probably search the eocoomy fare as a W if you wanted to have a Business seat the entire way, but only had one GPU to use.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: United MM, SPG, Marriott
So I plan to do same as Tom but EWR-SIN for MM run. I am short of ~21,400 miles, and this route should bring me to MM. As I stated in the previous thread, I was 1K since 2008, but due to job change, travel is less now (not complaining) and barely clock 5K each year (I miss the perks of 1K though when I do fly). I wanted to become permanent Gold before UA changes their policy.

I am thinking of spending few days in Singapore, to relax my body before taking the long flight back home. Any recommendation on what to do there for couple of days?

thanks,

Andy.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by suryasoft
So I plan to do same as Tom but EWR-SIN for MM run. I am short of ~21,400 miles, and this route should bring me to MM. As I stated in the previous thread, I was 1K since 2008, but due to job change, travel is less now (not complaining) and barely clock 5K each year (I miss the perks of 1K though when I do fly). I wanted to become permanent Gold before UA changes their policy.

I am thinking of spending few days in Singapore, to relax my body before taking the long flight back home. Any recommendation on what to do there for couple of days?

thanks,

Andy.
First reaction to recollecting things I like: little India, the tropical fruit, walking/hiking in MacRitchie park, Peranakan Museum, and watching the laser show from Sands at night.

If you haven't been to Singapore before, it's very warm.

Congratulations (prematurely) on MM!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Ok, not sure if we are in agreement or not, but good to know it runs thru 8/31. I put up my screen shot to show you can combine an economy seat OW with a Business Class OW on one PNR and the total fare is effectively 1/2 RT Economy + 1/2 RT Business.

It seems like it is not a search easily done on Google flights (combining economy & business on one itinierary), so I just messed around with it on .bomb and figured it out. It might help someone that is looking at a status/MR that can't afford the full cost of a RT Business seat, but needs more PQD than a RT economy fare. I am sure you could probably search the eocoomy fare as a W if you wanted to have a Business seat the entire way, but only had one GPU to use.
Yes, we're absolutely in agreement. That's the P fare that you're seeing (on a half-round-trip basis), and it's absolutely combinable with the UA K fare to SIN also. It's difficult to search for on Google Flights, as you say, but on United.com you can just select the columns that you want. I mostly posted because I wanted to make sure you were aware of the booking dates -- both the August expiration and also the 60-day advance purchase. (And, of course, like any fare, UA can decide to raise prices at any time). And, yes, it's also combinable with the W fare, although it then gets more expensive.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
First reaction to recollecting things I like: little India, the tropical fruit, walking/hiking in MacRitchie park, Peranakan Museum, and watching the laser show from Sands at night.

If you haven't been to Singapore before, it's very warm.

Congratulations (prematurely) on MM!
thanks for the information on SIN. I will post my experience after the run.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
K fare going out & P fare coming back. The key seems to be that the return SIN to IAH is pricing out at around $1800 for returns on TUE & WED when part of a RT itinerary.

Originally Posted by jsloan
PLXTZPM0 is a $3607 RT base fare effective from 5/1 through 8/31, for travel Monday through Thursday, requiring a 60-day advance purchase. Incidentally, if you're not worried about lifetime miles, it can be routed on NH metal, provided you use a UA code.

Wow, that is pretty reasonable. Maybe I should try this to make 1K next year Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold

thanks,

Andy.
Try looking in the Singapore destination forum ... myriad threads on things to do, best places to stay, good places to eat etc
2 days or 3 days in Singapore?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium

thanks,

Andy.
I did this run in Jan. (EWR - LAX - SIN - SFO - EWR) and stayed at a place called the Villages at Changi. Reasonable cost with a free shuttle and a small Hawker stand and night market two blocks away.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Out of curiosity, what's the most airtime anyone's flown consecutively? I figure it should include layovers up to four hours. My current record is 40 hours
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
I did this run in Jan. (EWR - LAX - SIN - SFO - EWR) and stayed at a place called the Villages at Changi. Reasonable cost with a free shuttle and a small Hawker stand and night market two blocks away.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Andy.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by supergabe
Out of curiosity, what's the most airtime anyone's flown consecutively? I figure it should include layovers up to four hours. My current record is 40 hours
I think mine was around 50 hours as a MR IAH->SFO->SIN->SFO->IAH. I've had others that were longer, but those included a 6.5 hour layover in SIN.

Cheers,
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by drowelf
I think mine was around 50 hours as a MR IAH->SFO->SIN->SFO->IAH. I've had others that were longer, but those included a 6.5 hour layover in SIN.

Cheers,
Any difficulty walking at the end of those trips? I imagine it can't be good for one's health.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by supergabe
A YYZ-XXX-LAX-SFO-XXX-YYZ MR would leave Saturday morning at 7am, and return Monday night at 11-ish pm, taking about 64 hours, assuming immediate turn in SIN.
You can do less if you fly AC nonstop to/from SFO/LAX - but thats just unpleasant.

Its not really that bad, especially if one can get some upgrades along the way, unless you are old, tall or wide.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: United 1K
I've used SFO-EWR-SFO-SIN-SFO-EWR-SFO. 27,152 miles, leave SFO at 6am Monday, return between 9pm and midnight Wednesday (depending on how fast I can get through immigration and over to the domestic terminal at SFO on the return). Although, one time I ended up in Tokyo on the return (medical emergency in the middle of the Pacific and UA2 turned around and went to Tokyo, continuing on with the same crew the next afternoon). More miles (and a whole extra day) for that one.
tstauck likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
My question is about a place to grab a quick shower at SIN. I was reading up on the KrisFlyer Gold lounge. It doesn’t seem to have restrooms/showers in the lounge. Does anyone know of any showers airside for a UA Y passenger?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.