Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Services email going into black hole

Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM

I've sent a few emails to the GS email address in the last few weeks. Normally, I get an automated acknowledgment right away and then a human response in few days. Now I'm getting nothing. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
I’ve noticed this with 1kvoice as well. I was wondering if they are transitioning to a new CRM or something and the transition isn’t going smoothly.

Or they are just “enhancing” the email part of the customer experience.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The reality is that UA routes according to status, no matter which portal entry you use. You can be a general member and send to GS and it will route to the "nobody desk" or a GS and use the "nobody" email and it will route to GS (which is essentially a priority queue to a more senior agent).
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: United 1MM GS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I sent a note complimenting the service on a recent flight. Got a human response in 4 days.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by SFOdelayed
I sent a note complimenting the service on a recent flight. Got a human response in 4 days.
I always get a good and clear response when I submit a compliment.Got left behind a while back with an early departure , sent in a note but got nothing back
I am not happy at all with the GS "service" response level at the moment too inconsistent.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I complained to GS earlier this week about there not being any seats in the PHX UC for the 3 time in 2 months. Got a reply back the following day along with another reply from a director with UC two days later. original email was sent to GS email address.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Often1
The reality is that UA routes according to status, no matter which portal entry you use. You can be a general member and send to GS and it will route to the "nobody desk" or a GS and use the "nobody" email and it will route to GS (which is essentially a priority queue to a more senior agent).
We're talking emails not webform submissions. 1K and GS emails go to separate email addresses

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 17, 2018 at 1:37 pm Reason: FT rule against posting non-public emails
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:38 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Often1
I cant see how that is reverent (if it is even true with respect to emails) and it doesn't remotely answer the OP's question, a GS member asking about response time to emails to the non-public GS email address.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA GS
I always use the web form and get a response pretty quickly. More secure anyway.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ari
I cant see how that is reverent (if it is even true with respect to emails) and it doesn't remotely answer the OP's question, a GS member asking about response time to emails to the non-public GS email address.
Interesting question: do you think a web form entry from a GS member goes to the same place as an email to the GS email address?

I think I've always gotten a response from the web form; whereas the GS email has been about 70%. That might just be coincidental, though. Incidentally, clicking the box to have GS contact me at the end of the survey is the worst -- maybe 30% response. You'd think United would pay more attention to what are supposed to be their best customers.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I've sent a few emails to the GS email address in the last few weeks. Normally, I get an automated acknowledgment right away and then a human response in few days. Now I'm getting nothing. Anyone else having this problem?
Calling is the quickest way with GS. That's been the case for a number of years
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermintrude
Calling is the quickest way with GS. That's been the case for a number of years
If you want reimbursement for a hotel or something like that, calling won't work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.