Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Did My CPU (Upgrade) Not Clear?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K , SPG Platinum , Hyatt Diamond , Marriot Gold , BW Diamond , Hertz PC
Unhappy Why Did My CPU (Upgrade) Not Clear?

I have a flight coming up on Sunday from ORD to DEN. I was expecting CPU to clear by now as I am a 1K and its past 96 hour mark and there are 9 seats available for upgrade. On the upgrade it says "Upgrade Requested". Also this is my first trip this year.

Is something wrong with United or I am not eligible?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:21 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dumdum
Is something wrong with United.....?
Hmmm, that's a loaded question if I ever heard one

You may want to take a little time and check out this thread for an answer:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-upgrades.html
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:11 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
R availability or seat map availability does not mean that they will release seats for CPU. rev / inventory management will release when they think they can't sell the inventory.

if you are seeing "UG Requested" you're in the queue. no need for you to do anything else.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Hub to hub CPUs on a Sunday are difficult to clear even for a 1K. As others have noted, the selling of upgrades for cash does not help.

Also just because there are 9 unassigned seats or 9 seats of F and or A fare inventory left is not an indication of how many unsold seats there are. UA can and will over sell F.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K , SPG Platinum , Hyatt Diamond , Marriot Gold , BW Diamond , Hertz PC
Why CPU does not clear

They are showing 9 available for RPU. I had multiple experiences with such upgrades clearing but I dont know much about how they do it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
I have an afternoon flight next Friday from ORD to BOS. I applied RPU over a month ago and am still waitlisted, and I'm Global Services. First class cabin shows only 3 seats assigned out of 16. I'm sure they'll release a seat to me by flight time, but in my experience this is quite abnormal.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I am on a flight in 8 hours with 2 free seats on the seat map. i am top of the list but not yet upgraded. its just that those seats are not yet available for CPU's. Nothing new there.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
They are showing 9 available for RPU. I had multiple experiences with such upgrades clearing but I dont know much about how they do it.
In that case it went to R9 after 96 hours or it is yet another SHARES bug. If you are still not cleared at 72 hours, call.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by mre5765
In that case it went to R9 after 96 hours or it is yet another SHARES bug. If you are still not cleared at 72 hours, call.

"R" inventory DOES NOT get anyone a "CPU"!
This has been explained many, many times.
The OP needs to wait for the sweep.

Calling may get something done, but attempting to trump other on the list only pisses off res agents when they continually receive these calls, and in fact for a while they eliminated the availability to even see "R" inventory because of this.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LilAbner

Calling may get something done, but attempting to trump other on the list only pisses off res agents when they continually receive these calls, and in fact for a while they eliminated the availability to even see "R" inventory because of this.
I was just going by previous experience where the upgrades would clear around T-96 for me when there were around 9 RPU seats available. I thought I knew how these work I guess I am left clueless
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
They will wait till the very last minute to squeeze revenue from the seats, and only then release the seats. Welcome to the new United.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I was just going by previous experience where the upgrades would clear around T-96 for me when there were around 9 RPU seats available. I thought I knew how these work I guess I am left clueless
Same here. I can't remember the last time I got one at T-96. My experience has been seeing plenty of open F seats at t-96 and then watching them dwindle to Zero by boarding. I usually sit at #1-5 on the list and watch the seats evaporate. I guess there are a ton of people taking them up on the buy-up offers.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by alexperi
They will wait till the very last minute to squeeze revenue from the seats, and only then release the seats. Welcome to the new United.
Can you blame them??? After all they are kind-a in business to make money & not give away the farm!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LilAbner

Shannon also explained if R>2 and CPUs aren't processing at an UG window, there's likely an out of sync res screwing everything up.

Call and see what happens. It's a broken system.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Shannon also explained if R>2 and CPUs aren't processing at an UG window, there's likely an out of sync res screwing everything up.

Call and see what happens. It's a broken system.
Is this a fact? Can anyone point to the post, I see R>2 many times inside the UG window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.