Routes featuring the B763 Polaris seats

Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
But what seat am I getting? The the old BusinessFirst seats from Continental? Are they the new Polaris seats? Also does anyone know if the center seats have air vents or just the side seats, or none at all?
Yes, the old CO seats. UA calls the overall product Polaris, whether or not the actual new Polaris seat is provided. Ive always been comfortable on that plane temp/breeze-wise, so dont know anything about adjusting/presence of vents.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
But what seat am I getting? The the old BusinessFirst seats from Continental? Are they the new Polaris seats? Also does anyone know if the center seats have air vents or just the side seats, or none at all?
If the seat map shows 2-1-2, it will be the old sCO BF seats. If it shows staggered 1-1-1 in blue, those are the new Polaris seats.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
If the seat map shows 2-1-2, it will be the old sCO BF seats. If it shows staggered 1-1-1 in blue, those are the new Polaris seats.
Thanks. I actually flew the old CO BF seats on the 763 about 10 years ago and really liked them back then. I dont know how much theyve changed, but I guess Ill find out. At least I get to use the Polaris lounge in ORD
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I actually flew the old CO BF seats on the 763 about 10 years ago and really liked them back then. I dont know how much theyve changed...
Theyre dirtier, but w/ a wider selection of gum on the sides of the seat cushion.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 7, 2018 at 3:40 pm Reason: Comma
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:39 pm

United has 767s with the old Continental business class seats, and some with the new Polaris seats. You can't really tell which configuration you will get in advance. The seat maps seem to show the Continental seats until they assign the actual plane about 2 days before the flight.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I have a 763 from AMS-ORD Flight 908 with only a J cabin with rows 1-6. As I am not at all a seasoned star alliance flyer, and since everything is being called Polaris, Im confused what kind of plane Ill be gettig and where I should choose to sit?

Thanks
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...hedule-90.html
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Polaris is merely UA's marketing name for Business Class. It doesn't mean anything more than that.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum

Thanks. I actually flew the old CO BF seats on the 763 about 10 years ago and really liked them back then. I dont know how much theyve changed, but I guess Ill find out. At least I get to use the Polaris lounge in ORD
10 years ago CO didnt have 763s and on their 762/764 fleet they had barcaloungers, not lie flat. Are you referring to those or the UA 763 seats?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by qukslvr619

10 years ago CO didnt have 763s and on their 762/764 fleet they had barcaloungers, not lie flat. Are you referring to those or the UA 763 seats?
Impressively, youre right. It was a 767-400 non-lie flat seat now that you mention it. I distinctly remember wanting to try both aircraft types at the time. I flew IAH-AMS on the way there on a 767-400 and then the new (at the time) lie-flat 777 BF seat (where youd slide down) through EWR on the return. Pretty sharp memory there! FWIW I actually really liked the 767-400 lazy boy chair as I referred to it back then.

Anyway... Is the enterainment on these former CO 767-300s have AVOD? Its been so long since I stepped onto a UA/CO plane so this will be nostalgic for me.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Oct 7, 2018 at 5:26 pm
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:22 pm

So it looks like its the B/E Aerospace Diamond seat so far assigned on this flight. I took row 2 in the center. Again, just to be certain does anyone know if any sides have air vents at all? I know on some 787s the center seats dont have air nozzles but the side seats do even if you have to sit next to someone. Id sacrifice sitting next to someone for an air nozzle.

Also as someone who never flew Polaris (and will probably never fly Polaris again) are there specific things I need to request from the flight attendants like gel pillows or pyjamas or a sleep pad or anything that you have to know to ask for? Just reading Ive seen stuff like that please let me know as I am a complete *A dud who does not fly them.

Thanks

Last edited by NWplatinum; Oct 7, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:57 pm

So it looks like its the B/E Aerospace Diamond seat so far assigned on this flight. I took row 2 in the center. Again, just to be certain does anyone know if any sides have air vents at all? I know on some 787s the center seats dont have air nozzles but the side seats do even if you have to sit next to someone. Id sacrifice sitting next to someone for an air nozzle.

Also as someone who never flew Polaris (and will probably never fly Polaris again) are there specific things I need to request from the flight attendants like gel pillows or pyjamas or a sleep pad or anything that you have to know to ask for? Just reading Ive seen stuff like that please let me know as I am a complete *A dud who does not fly them.

Thanks
763s regardless of configuration, should all still have air vents because they still use the same console from the old PSUs, the overheads and panels all got upgraded to the Boeing signature look (same as 777s etc) but they still use some components from the older look, notably the air vent gaspers. I can agree though the ability to regulate some airflow is much better than those without the air vents.

Only flights blocked over 12hrs have pajamas so they probably wont be provisioned on your flight. As for other amenities, the mattress pad is really the only thing youll have to ask for as all the Polaris flights Ive been on have the cooling gel pillow and blankets at the seat already. I usually ask for the mattress pad when the FA first comes around to make sure to snag one since they arent at a 100% ratio.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
The color is the easiest way to tell. Orange for the BF seat, blue for Polaris.

UA retrofitted a bunch of its 763s with the sCO B/E Diamond seat. So it's an sUA aircraft with what's commonly know as the "sCO seat."
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
UA retrofitted a bunch of its 763s with the sCO B/E Diamond seat. So it's an sUA aircraft with what's commonly know as the "sCO seat."
Yes I am aware of that, they were mostly the domestic ghetto birds that got retrofitted before Polaris, but the OP said he flew on a CO 763 10 years ago so I was saying that CO didnt have 763s as part of its fleet.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I am aware of that, they were mostly the domestic ghetto birds that got retrofitted before Polaris, but the OP said he flew on a CO 763 10 years ago so I was saying that CO didnt have 763s as part of its fleet.
I think he was mainly talking about a CO BF seat, even if plane mixed up.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 7, 2018 at 10:42 pm
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:30 am

763s regardless of configuration, should all still have air vents because they still use the same console from the old PSUs, the overheads and panels all got upgraded to the Boeing signature look (same as 777s etc) but they still use some components from the older look, notably the air vent gaspers. I can agree though the ability to regulate some airflow is much better than those without the air vents.

To confirm: Yes, 763s have air vents, new Polaris config and old config, including the center seats. 764s (all pmCO) do not (neither do the pmCO 777s). I don’t know what CO’s problem was with air vents, but I’m glad that is one thing that didn’t survive the merger,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.