Wiki Posts
Search

United IT glitches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
United IT glitches

The IT issues are getting worst. I have had two of them in the past 24 hours and the 1K desk told me they report the issues to IT but it is getting quite frustrating that things that used to be able to be done by myself now requires me to call up more often or find a workaround. So decided we needed to report the issues to see if people have solutions that may help others.

1. Inability to use ETC if GPUs applied to the reservation. I booked a flight on 2/7/18 applying GPUs. All UA metal (return) and there was no ability to use my ETC. When I woke up the morning of 2/8/18 I decided to rebook the reservation without the GPUs and was able to use the ETC. Reported to the 1K desk and they will report the issue.
2. Non return of GPUs to my account. Cancelled the reservation made on 2/7/18 and the GPUs did not return to my GPU bank. Waited a few hours, still did not return to me so I called the 1K desk. They fixed it and commented that this is not unusual. The 1K desk will report the issue.
3. Inability to apply GPUs on-line. I had sufficient GPUs (without the missing two mentioned in 2.). I tried to apply 2 GPUs to the reservation I made on 2/8/18 (after the ETC took). It took me about three or four goes and was finally able to get the GPU to stick on the return journey. I finally called the 1K desk and they too had a hard time applying the GPU to the outbound leg and were finally able to make it work. The 1K desk will report the issue.
4. Inability to accept schedule change on-line. I book in advance so certainly understand the schedule will change, but lately it is more often than not that no how many times I accept the schedule change it still tells me to call reservations.
5. Reservation made but no e-mail arrives with confirmation. So I will receive the e-mail telling me I have made a reservation but do not receive the e-mail with the confirmed reservation. I will go on-line and can see the reservation has been confirmed and ticketed. Often I will request the copy e-mail.

I certainly understand there can be glitches but things I am able to do on-line are becoming less and less. I laugh with the 1K desk that they are being provided job security by IT but we all agree that the items I am calling about should not need me to call in. They apologize on behalf of United, thank me for being a 1K we have a bit of a giggle and we get on with our days.

(Moderators: please move if there is an existing thread but I was unable to find it)
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
The IT issues are getting worst. I have had two of them in the past 24 hours and the 1K desk told me they report the issues to IT but it is getting quite frustrating that things that used to be able to be done by myself now requires me to call up more often or find a workaround. So decided we needed to report the issues to see if people have solutions that may help others.

1. Inability to use ETC if GPUs applied to the reservation. I booked a flight on 2/7/18 applying GPUs. All UA metal (return) and there was no ability to use my ETC. When I woke up the morning of 2/8/18 I decided to rebook the reservation without the GPUs and was able to use the ETC. Reported to the 1K desk and they will report the issue.
2. Non return of GPUs to my account. Cancelled the reservation made on 2/7/18 and the GPUs did not return to my GPU bank. Waited a few hours, still did not return to me so I called the 1K desk. They fixed it and commented that this is not unusual. The 1K desk will report the issue.
3. Inability to apply GPUs on-line. I had sufficient GPUs (without the missing two mentioned in 2.). I tried to apply 2 GPUs to the reservation I made on 2/8/18 (after the ETC took). It took me about three or four goes and was finally able to get the GPU to stick on the return journey. I finally called the 1K desk and they too had a hard time applying the GPU to the outbound leg and were finally able to make it work. The 1K desk will report the issue.
4. Inability to accept schedule change on-line. I book in advance so certainly understand the schedule will change, but lately it is more often than not that no how many times I accept the schedule change it still tells me to call reservations.
5. Reservation made but no e-mail arrives with confirmation. So I will receive the e-mail telling me I have made a reservation but do not receive the e-mail with the confirmed reservation. I will go on-line and can see the reservation has been confirmed and ticketed. Often I will request the copy e-mail.

I certainly understand there can be glitches but things I am able to do on-line are becoming less and less. I laugh with the 1K desk that they are being provided job security by IT but we all agree that the items I am calling about should not need me to call in. They apologize on behalf of United, thank me for being a 1K we have a bit of a giggle and we get on with our days.

(Moderators: please move if there is an existing thread but I was unable to find it)
Yep, most of these are commonly known issues. I don't know if I would attribute all of them to "IT" per say without knowing the network topology, how systems interact with each other, the role of Aero/Shares, but

1. I don't think this is an IT issue. This has always how it's been for me the past 2-3 years. If I want to use GPU's, buy *using ETC* then use GPU's to confirm in. Maybe this is just a feature that hasn't been implemented, not a "IT Issue".
2. Many people have this issue. Again, it's always been like this.
3. Why couldn't you apply it? Seems pretty straightforward online and I've never had an issue (doesn't mean there isn't an issue). Click Manage Reservation, Upgrade, Upgrade using GPU, apply.
4. Always been like this. "Please call Reservations" or some red text at the top of your reservation. It's another way of making sure your ticket has been ticketed correctly. Would hate for you to show up at the airport and not have a ticket ticketed correctly. And at that point, business/first availability is probably nill, and could cause partner repercussions on your reservation if partner segments exist, etc.
5. This has been happening since end of 2017. You can call UA and they can 'track' the email to see if it's stuck in their email server or if it's been pushed out/said delivered.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:33 am

Seems like you are experiencing known issues (some known for awhile) except for #3 .

Sometimes there's a lag between when you attempt to apply and before it shows on your booking. Maybe you were experiencing that?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by edcho
Seems like you are experiencing known issues (some known for awhile) except for #3 .

Sometimes there's a lag between when you attempt to apply and before it shows on your booking. Maybe you were experiencing that?
The CS rep on the 1K desk had to try a couple of times for it to take so do not think it was lag time.

Well I consider these issues related to IT since it is all on-line issues and I need to call and speak to someone when I should be able to do all of these things (and have in the past) without needing to call

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 9, 2018 at 11:45 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Well, I’ve only been flying for 3 years so if you say you’ve been able to do ALL of these, I believe you. But I have my doubts since I’ve never been able to do some of these ‘glitches’ since day 1.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
I have my doubts since I’ve never been able to do some of these ‘glitches’ since day 1.
I don't. I've experienced all except #1.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Be careful exchanging award tickets. Today the system got confused when changing an award with an agent. It instead of redepositing the original miles, redeposited the amount equal to the debit of the new award. MP said it was showing as fine on their end but then loaded the web interface and saw the error. A bug fix was filed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.