Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Membership coasters exchange (only free exchanges / giveaways)

Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
"Coaster Exchange"

As the coasters provided in the annual membership kits for 1Ks & GSs are of some interest to some and not so for others. This thread is for those that wish to make their coasters freely available to others.
-- this needs to be freely offer, no remuneration or bartering
-- for personal use only and not for resale
-- these are personal arrangements, FT or Moderators make no represenation to be a party in this
-- No unsolicated PMs

as stated
Members may post occasional offers to give away without charge to other FlyerTalk members, save for actual postage or shipping costs, souvenir or logo items of the members personal property related to United Airlines or Continental Airlines. These include items such as luggage tags, playing cards, posters, mugs, ticket jackets, or other related souvenir or logo items. The moderators may limit such posts and regulate the frequency of them, including consolidating them, when in the moderators discretion, that is appropriate. This policy does not allow the offering through FlyerTalk of airline items described in the above paragraphs, such as vouchers, discount coupons, upgrades, miles, elite status offers, club or lounge passes, or onboard or ground food or beverage coupons.
Coasters would qualify as a "souvenir" item.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Print Wikipost

Membership coasters exchange (only free exchanges / giveaways)

Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

I received a set of coasters. Thank you kind forumista.

question: how can I send money to the united employee charity?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
... question: how can I send money to the united employee charity?
Check into Frequent Flyer Giving, run by long term FTers.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Check into Frequent Flyer Giving, run by long term FTers.
donation sent. Thx
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The same people who sell envelopes thinking that gets them a free pass on selling upgrade instruments.

Certainly not a congruent analogy. One is trying to squeeze money out of something you received from a company to use as you please.

The other is subject to T&C's which if broken can have very serious consequences.

Prohibition of sale or barter

The sale, barter or other transfer or attempted sale, barter or other transfer of any mileage, certificates, awards, benefits or status, other than as authorized and/or sponsored by United, is expressly prohibited. Any mileage, certificates, awards, benefits or status sold, bartered or otherwise transferred is in violation of the Rules and any accounts or Members involved in such sales, barters or other transfers may be subject to United’s Remedies. The acquisition, use, transfer or attempted acquisition, use or transfer of mileage, certificates, awards, benefits or status that have been acquired by purchase, barter or other transfer in violation of the Rules may result in United’s exercise of United’s Remedies.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...s/default.aspx

I don't see coasters mentioned in the UA language .....
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:17 am

i didnt make 1k last year for family reasons. currently at 50k this year. do you think they will still be distributing coasters if/when i reach 1k?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Anyone dying to own the United coaster?

I have the New York, LA, Boston, San Francisco coasters that United sends in the 1K kit. If you can't live without them and you can pick them up in Denver, they are yours.

ps: Just noticed the typo in the title. There are four coasters.

Last edited by nobodyherebutme; Jul 7, 2018 at 1:46 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Mine are in a box along with the other junk I’ll never get around to selling on Ebay. I don’t understand why someone would put an advertisement on their coffee table.
lhrsfo likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by 1015-1k
They wont be sitting on my coffee table.
I would gladly take them off your coffee table for you
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kittiyut
I would gladly take them off your coffee table for you
I was waiting for someone to post this. If you PM me your address you can have mine : )
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by chavala
I was waiting for someone to post this. If you PM me your address you can have mine : )
is anyone else is tossing theirs, Ive been to each of the coaster cities over the past year and would happily take them off your hands! (and of course will cover the shipping costs).

Last edited by silverforumsurf; Feb 2, 2019 at 11:57 pm
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
I'll take a blue tin if there's a GS that doesn't want their '19 box for the coasters.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Already tossed.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
With my new addition I’d guess we have about twenty sets of coasters in our house. If I am actually home long enough to set a cold beverage down it’s usually a can of beer and it goes on the granite bathroom counter while I am waiting for the shower to heat up.

Just out out of curiosity... Does anyone have the full list of cities available?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I gave them to goodwill last year, but still have this year’s set. Happy to give them to someone who wants them.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by MCLC
I gave them to goodwill last year, but still have this years set. Happy to give them to someone who wants them.
I'd love a set if no one else speaks for them

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.