Wiki Posts
Search

Best route - SFO to Sao Palo?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cyberjet
Then ORD gives you the longest beauty rest almost 1/2 hour more

​​​​​​Plus customs on reentry seems best at ORD (easy and not a lot of flights landing at same time, but my recollection may be dated. I have sped thru faster enough to shower and take an earlier flight from ORD)
YMMV, of course.
With the new Polaris lounge in ORD, the OP will want to speed through customs to enjoy more time in it. Prior to the Polaris lounge opening, I would look if I could move to an earlier flight to my final destination. Now, I don't bother anymore and enjoy the extra time in the lounge.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
With the new Polaris lounge in ORD, the OP will want to speed through customs to enjoy more time in it. Prior to the Polaris lounge opening, I would look if I could move to an earlier flight to my final destination. Now, I don't bother anymore and enjoy the extra time in the lounge.
keep in mind the Polaris lounge opens at 7:30..
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by cyberjet

That being said, AA via LAX gives an extra 2 hours+ of napping
But right now it leaves at 2:30 and lands in GRU three hours earlier than all the other options...The ORD flight leaves around 9 or 10 so much more likely to be tired and sleep through...
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
keep in mind the Polaris lounge opens at 7:30..
I did not realize the plane from GRU was arriving so early (5:30 AM). Website lists the opening of the Polaris Lounge at 6:45 AM. Solution, then, is to wait a short time in the newly reopened UC near Gate C16. I was there this week, it's not great but it's close to the Polaris Lounge and it opens at 4:30 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The fastest being SFO-IAH-GRU take that. You’re flying UA...not going out of your way for the FCT or Suites.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I did not realize the plane from GRU was arriving so early (5:30 AM). Website lists the opening of the Polaris Lounge at 6:45 AM. Solution, then, is to wait a short time in the newly reopened UC near Gate C16. I was there this week, it's not great but it's close to the Polaris Lounge and it opens at 4:30 AM.
exactly.. that what I did on Sunday. The time posted on the doors of the Polaris lounge say 7:30
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Really helpful replies! What an awesome community!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.