Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA F v LH F v LX F

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Only because OP is GS. Everyone else gets the SEN lounge.
Correct.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Lol, I wish I had these problems
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
I'd actually recommend LX F. DXB-FRA is a long 6-7 hour flight and having a first class suite vs. a 2-2-2 J config is pretty nice. Plus, if they deny lounge access at ZRH, at least you'll get the Senator lounge, which is pretty fantastic by itself.

The only big downside is the extra hop from ORD-IAH. I hate flying through ORD, especially in the wintertime. If your DXB-FRA is night time, then I might just go for LH F so you can sleep on LH J and then get a direct flight to IAH.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I would normally pick LH F, but since OP has tried LH F several times before and never tried LX F, I'd suggest LX F. It is a fine product.
UA is a distant 3rd for me in terms of onboard offerings and services.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I'd also push for LH. LX is risky with the extra hop at ORD. For lounge stuff, a definite FCT option is better than a possible ZRH F lounge. If the goal is to do as much premium travel, then yes, LX is better. But considering time factor, C isn't Y.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: UA 1K
Will you have a working mobile phone in ZRH? The most fun would probably be to book paid LX F, then if a ZRH agent denies you FCL access, stand in front of them and call your travel agent and rebook off of LX F (or ask to borrow their phone and do the same). Surely every traveler dreams of having their own real life "Pretty Woman" moment and they are few and far between now that you can't just endorse full-fare paper tickets between carriers the way you used to.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:21 am

Back in 2012 got first lounge access in F on United award O class. For me LX first was better than LH, but LH F service was excellent.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:40 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by mherdeg
Will you have a working mobile phone in ZRH? The most fun would probably be to book paid LX F, then if a ZRH agent denies you FCL access, stand in front of them and call your travel agent and rebook off of LX F (or ask to borrow their phone and do the same). Surely every traveler dreams of having their own real life "Pretty Woman" moment and they are few and far between now that you can't just endorse full-fare paper tickets between carriers the way you used to.
I'm sure that will really show them you have the upper hand.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
OP - another option would be to fly DXB-ZRH-FRA-IAH. The only downside is you can’t get LH F on the FRA-IAH flight because it leaves too early. But would get you LX F and UA F and avoids the connection at ORD and having to clear immigration enroute.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by LordHamster
While LH service is definitely better. If I'm on a paid ticket traveling through ORD I'll fly United First over LH.
Why? Just Polaris Lounge access in ORD?

Originally Posted by jmanirish
OP - another option would be to fly DXB-ZRH-FRA-IAH. The only downside is you can’t get LH F on the FRA-IAH flight because it leaves too early. But would get you LX F and UA F and avoids the connection at ORD and having to clear immigration enroute.
Good thought except FRA-IAH on UA is 2-class 772.

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
UA F gets you Polaris access in ORD on arrival, LH and LX won't.
That's a good point that I hadn't factored in - thanks.

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 7, 2018 at 7:58 pm
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by st530
Good thought except FRA-IAH on UA is 2-class 772.
Ah shoot. I knew there was one more thing I didn't check.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I would normally pick LH F, but since OP has tried LH F several times before and never tried LX F, I'd suggest LX F. It is a fine product.
UA is a distant 3rd for me in terms of onboard offerings and services.
Agreed. I've tried all three and your assessment is spot on. I only took UA F as there were few other premium cabin options for a last minute award flight. It was okay, but not a patch on the others.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
no issue getting into LX F lounge on 016 ticket. As long as it is coded as an LX flight. They look for the flight # and balk at codeshares.
Originally Posted by cfischer
Very nice new F lounge in ZRH as well.
Originally Posted by Kacee
There are multiple reports in the LX forum of entry refused based on 016 ticket stock. That's the gray area. The black and white is if you have a UA flight number, they definitely will not let you in.
This issue supposedly has been resolved a couple of months ago and LX F-class lounge access should be granted now.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:04 am

UA F v LH F v LX F

I believe I solved this problem in high school. Something about the second derivative...
rufflesinc and wrp96 like this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by cesco.g
[left]

This issue supposedly has been resolved a couple of months ago and LX F-class lounge access should be granted now.
What's the resolution - that LX flight # on 016 does the trick, or that even UA code share flight # on 016 works as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.