Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Out of Miller Lite?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Out of Miller Lite?

On my last six trips in United First, there were only two cans of Miller Lite. In the past they would occasionally run out but only after we had consumed three beers.

Is United phasing out Miller Lite or are they just under stocking it on every flight?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:13 am

On my LHR-ORD flight yesterday, they ran out of the following in Polaris Business: Cabernet Sauvignon, white Burgundy and the IPA. This happened within 2-3 hours so obviously not provisioned right. I’m sure they were out of MIller Lite too :-)
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Might just be cutting back on stocks across the board. Feb. 1 seemed to usher in a new round of downgrades.
No flights of mine last week had Shiner Bock boarded at all.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:25 am

Interesting thread. I've noticed Buffalo Trace availability has been hit or miss these past two weekends. Mostly miss. Hope this isn't a trend...
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigJC
Interesting thread. I've noticed Buffalo Trace availability has been hit or miss these past two weekends. Mostly miss. Hope this isn't a trend...
My last flight had two (2) only—catered out of IAH—and they disappeared during PDB (one to me, one to the guy across the way who went through contortions to get the mini bottle from the FA and pocket it instead of drinking it). Weirdly: plenty of Glenfarclas, and the bugger on the other side didn't seem to know about that one.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by milemonkey
Is United phasing out Miller Lite or are they just under stocking it on every flight?
They still have it, just under a different name. Ask for "water with no ice".
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Today's internet winner.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
I usually consume all of the chardonnay on my international flights so you can blame me for that.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: UA MP 1K
so
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Might just be cutting back on stocks across the board. Feb. 1 seemed to usher in a new round of downgrades.
How do you downgrade from Miller Lite?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
On a variety of flights as of late they have:
LAX-LHR - Ran out of champagne after 2 hours - 2/3 full business class cabin
AMS-ORD - Ran out of champagne after 1 hour - 3/4 full business class cabin
IAH-LAX - Ran out of Moscow Mule after 1.5 hours - 787-9 business class cabin

I am beginning to think that this is purposeful under-provisioning as a way to save money. I don't think I have ever been on a foreign carrier that has run out of champagne... some have even given me a bottle as a gift when deplaning.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AA Plat
Killed Buffalo Trace on the ground

Originally Posted by BigJC
I ran into this problem too (although in late January). Had 2 for PDB EWR-PWM (A320 held at the gate for late pax) and was informed we were out while still on the ground! Out? They provision 4 on the regionals that fly ex-PWM. Most F pax drank water and they certainly weren't serving in coach so how can that be?!? Perhaps he didn't want to check coach? He was an absolutely fabulous purser (31 years sUA at DEN) so I don't think that was the case.

I'm not too hoity toity to drink Jack but I feel bad for the next flight (which would be at 6 am lol). AFAIK they double cater to PWM.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by euslaner
so How do you downgrade from Miller Lite?
I was referring to levels of stocks, not the individual items themselves.
But I am not a beer snob. While Miller Lite is not my favorite, I would choose it over any IPA.

Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
On a variety of flights as of late they have:
LAX-LHR - Ran out of champagne after 2 hours - 2/3 full business class cabin
AMS-ORD - Ran out of champagne after 1 hour - 3/4 full business class cabin
IAH-LAX - Ran out of Moscow Mule after 1.5 hours - 787-9 business class cabin

I am beginning to think that this is purposeful under-provisioning as a way to save money. I don't think I have ever been on a foreign carrier that has run out of champagne... some have even given me a bottle as a gift when deplaning.
Bingo. Feb. 1 seems to have ushered in a new round of overall cuts.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Bingo. Feb. 1 seems to have ushered in a new round of overall cuts.
Sadly my international flights where they ran out were in Late Dec (LAX-LHR) and Early Jan (AMS-ORD). IAH-LAX was just on Saturday.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by euslaner
How do you downgrade from Miller Lite?
Budweiser?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
Consider it a favor...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.