Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mile Play promotion #2 -- targeted book/travel X trips by 11 March 2018, get Y miles

Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Mile Play promotion #2 -- targeted book/travel X trips by 11 March 2018, get Y miles

Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
How long has it been since you completed the 2nd trip? Does the 2nd trip show in your UA profile recent account activity? It usually takes a couple (2-3) days for flights to show up in there for me, and I think it might have taken an extra day or so after that for my Mile Play credit to appear after my offer was completed.
I actually think it is the 1st trip that was not properly credited. Both trips show up in my recent account activity. The 1st trip was completed on 18 Feb and the 2nd on 27 Feb. The progress doesn't tell me which trip I was credited for so it's hard to know for sure if it was the 1st or 2nd that is missing... but I received credit for one of them on March 1 so methinks it was for the 2nd trip.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by qwicker
$1,400 or more in premium cabin
Just to make sure...you know the $1400 is base fare, not including taxes, right? Any chance that's the problem?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Just to make sure...you know the $1400 is base fare, not including taxes, right? Any chance that's the problem?
Nope, definitely not. 1st trip was in class D (trip airfare before taxes is $7,958) EWR-LAX. Trip 2 was class C ($5710) AKL-SFO. Pretty sure I've satisfied the criteria.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by qwicker
Nope, definitely not. 1st trip was in class D (trip airfare before taxes is $7,958) EWR-LAX. Trip 2 was class C ($5710) AKL-SFO. Pretty sure I've satisfied the criteria.
My best guess would be for you to call the 1K line, I guess...or maybe email them? I don't know what works best for 1K.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by flying_q
Can someone clarify the definition of trip? I understand the promotion indicates "Trip is defined as each unique travel itinerary as documented by United with a confirmation number".

Let's say I fly BOS-EWR-ZRH all on UA, returning ZRH-BOS on LX, booked in D. Does the UA portion still count as a trip if ticketed on 016 stock?

I received a 36k offer for 1 J trip >$2000.
Well, my outbound was rerouted through FRA on LH due to ATC, and my return through IST due to the nor'easter. So, I have no further datapoints to offer .

Maybe I'll waste a few minutes asking for the promo to be honored due to original routing credit.
jjmoore likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by flying_q
Well, my outbound was rerouted through FRA on LH due to ATC, and my return through IST due to the nor'easter. So, I have no further datapoints to offer .

Maybe I'll waste a few minutes asking for the promo to be honored due to original routing credit.
That one I would call in and make sure to get ORC... over the phone. I would also make sure that the phone agent works to get the bonus points awarded. Having experience with UA's IT issues, I would make sure to stay ahead of these guys to get what you want.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by woody1173
My offer is 4 premium cabin trips >$350, for 26k miles. Not bad. Too bad just booked a qualifying trip last week for travel next week, and took another qualifying trip last week.
Yesterday I booked E fare for $426 o/w on a short flight traveling Thursday, and was upgraded within hours of booking. This morning, I recalled this promo and checked the flights again. Turns out the same flight flight had decreased in price to $343 for E, and the A fare was now $432. I cancelled yesterday's ticket (within 24hrs) and rebooked the A fare. That will complete my promo.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
There is a new 13 May 2018 Mile play promo, if referencing that promo, please use May 2018 Mile Play promo -- targeted book/travel X trips by 13 May, get Y miles, ....

Use this thread for discussion related to the 11 March Mile Play promo

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 28, 2018 at 3:01 pm Reason: manually underlining link

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.