Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mile Play promotion #2 -- targeted book/travel X trips by 11 March 2018, get Y miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Mile Play promotion #2 -- targeted book/travel X trips by 11 March 2018, get Y miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by sapguy
Received my "offer" and it's " Book and take a trip in a premium cabin 4 times by March 11, 2018 to get 26,000 bonus award miles" - the fine print also states that "Each purchased fare must be a minimum of $450 to qualify".

May be they have noticed that I booked a lot of P fares in 2017? I will continue to do so in 2018, and in fact already have 2 F bookings, so another 2 F bookings to get 26,000 miles should be no issue at all ^ Too bad this promo ends in March as I also have a EWR-CDG-EWR booked in P for May !
Just to be sure, you understand that the promo is only valid for bookings that were made after you registered for the promotion, right? You mentioned that you "already have 2 F bookings"...just making sure that you booked those after you visited the Promo page. ^
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by mpiotrow
Just to be sure, you understand that the promo is only valid for bookings that were made after you registered for the promotion, right? You mentioned that you "already have 2 F bookings"...just making sure that you booked those after you visited the Promo page. ^
Yep, just read more fine print! So I cancelled one F booking and just rebooked it.

The other one was booked a while back so too bad. So I will have to book and fly F on P fares 3 more times instead of 2. Sucks a bit but no big deal.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
My offer is for 1 trip >$300 by March 11 to get 10,000 bonus miles.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Plat, IHG Spire, Hilton,Miles&More
Earn 36,000 miles

Qualified again as a Plat. for 2018.
Received offer to get 36,000 Miles after completing 2 trips in Premium Cabin. Minimum spend $800 each trip.
I registered for promo, will see if my schedule allows it!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would be more annoyed not to receive any offer if I wasn't finding my 350k UA miles increasingly difficult to redeem for decent value.

Really focused these days on transferable currencies (Chase, AMEX, SPG) which can be used in programs that still offer reasonable award availability.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
My offer is to book and take a trip 1 time by March 11, 2018 to get 6,600 bonus award miles. I have all my travel already booked for that time period.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the T&Cs for my minimum $125 spend trip state:

"only dollars spent on the 'fare' on eligible flights.... will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. [...] The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges."
what counts and doesn't count as "fare" - is it simply the PQD amount? i know that in the receipt, the breakdown of PFCs, the 9/11 fee, etc. is viewable. i don't know where this can be seen prior to purchase.

only "fare" and "taxes and fees" are shown prior to purchase, and no breakdown thereof. are there usually included "carrier-imposed surcharges" contained within the "taxes and fees"?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
I nearly fell over with (a) simply receiving the offer since it's been YEARS since I've qualified, and (b) with 93,000 miles with 2 trips with minimum $2k spend in a premium cabin.

Too bad it's not going to happen. Wah.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Presumably for those not receiving offers, such as myself, the reason is that we have travel booked? In my case, I have almost $8K in travel recently booked, on fares ranging from W to Z for int'l travel. Much as I would love 80K extra miles for those bookings, United would be pretty stupid to make me that offer. I'd have cancelled and rebooked and got those miles for half a cent apiece.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
My offer was take one trip in a premium cabin (minimum $2,000 fare) and get 6,000 award miles. I am expecting to take a trip starting on March 12 that would meet the cabin and fare requirements, but even if I move it up a day I wouldn't get the bonus as the trip must be completed by March 11. Oh well.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Don't think either of us got an email, but clicked the link. Nothing for me, but DH got:
Book and take a trip (minimum of $150) 1 time by March 11, 2018 to get 6,000 bonus award miles.
Might be worth it.
Strange targeting, though. We're both Platinum with exactly the same trips taken and planned for the year. But, it might be worth a mileage run for him alone, as I still have the MP Select card that gives me 5K PQMs annually, and that usually goes to waste as I travel with him and he needs to keep going when I've reached my goal.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:01 am

Nothing... #2. Mrs got You're on your way.

Complete 2 activities to earn up to 4,800 bonus award miles.

38 days left

Book and take a trip*
Dine with MileagePlus DiningSM
Bonus: Complete both activities
+2,400
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Marriott Plat
My offer is 4 premium cabin trips >$350, for 26k miles. Not bad. Too bad just booked a qualifying trip last week for travel next week, and took another qualifying trip last week.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
My offer is for 5 trips >$275 by Mar. 11 for 20K miles. 5 trips is more than I have planned for by Mar. 11.

I have a trip planned for RIC-CDG/FRA-RIC Mar. 3 to Mar. 14 which will not count (Mar. 3 RIC-CDG) since I cannot ticket one-ways without paying through the nose. I also saw fares for RIC-LAX for $274 that would not count.

$285 one-way SFO-RIC will have base fare below $275 so that would not count either.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold
My offer is for 2 premium cabin trips (unfortunately >$2k each) will get me 160,000 miles. If my upcoming trips weren't already booked, that's a sizeable incentive but as of now probably won't be able to take advantage of it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.