Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]

Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2018]

Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:05 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dieselgetaways
... the smallest Award Accelerator/Premier Accelerator offers are for 5K RDM +5K PQM for $575.

I really don't want to spend this much as I only need 700 PQMs ....
UA has always had a minimum floor (such as 3-5K for present elites) for these purchases RDMs/PQMs. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1359695 for suggestions on adjusting the mileage offer,
Some have reported 2K minimum offers for SAN-LAX one way mid-January, mid-week

Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
It seems like the offers are completely random . Yesterday, I was being offered 11k miles (RDM & PQM) for ~$1565 or 9k for ~250 less. Today I log into my account and click the same flight itinerary (I'm flying BUR-SFO-ORD) and I'm now getting offered 15k miles for almost $3720 + $300 for the RDMs. ..
Histrociallythe rates increase as the end of the year approaches

Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
I need ~9541 PQM to retain 1K and don't think I have the strength or time to do a MR. Any recommendations? I already have a January booking to go to ATL and through that, I get offers for 6k or 8k miles at $3000 and $2250 respectively! That's a HUGE difference from what it was yesterday. Almost wish I would have just bought the 11k miles. I was hoping a 10k offer would show up ....
See the link above but at this point, use either need to fly or purchase or wait for the January offer (which will be even more expensive) or stay where you are.
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:39 pm

Hey Everyone!

I only need 1k more PQM to get status. I have tried the suggested flight as mentioned above from IAD-EWR, I tried DEN-SFO, DEN- SALT LAKE and they all keep bringing up an offer for 5k miles for $575. Also, do I need to keep purchasing tickets to see how many PQMs are being offered? Or is there a way I can do that before checkout, as all I see is options for travel insurance and cabin upgrade before payment details. Does anyone have any more suggestions on how to get a lower offer than the 5k I have been getting? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sameer
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, Sameer Chopra
Originally Posted by Sameer Chopra
... I only need 1k more PQM to get status. I have tried the suggested flight as mentioned above from IAD-EWR, I tried DEN-SFO, DEN- SALT LAKE and they all keep bringing up an offer for 5k miles for $575. Also, do I need to keep purchasing tickets to see how many PQMs are being offered? Or is there a way I can do that before checkout, as all I see is options for travel insurance and cabin upgrade before payment details. Does anyone have any more suggestions on how to get a lower offer than the 5k I have been getting? ...
A couple of suggestions
- try SAN-LAX, one way, mid-January, mid-week --- some have gotten 2K offers (but offers can change without notice)
- During the purchase process, you should be able to see the Award/Premier Accelerator offers on the same page as the travel Insurance offer.

Therehavebeen some reports the PQM per mile has gotten more expensive in the last couple of days -- which is common although it has been earlier in December in previous years.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Welcome to FT!, Sameer Chopra

A couple of suggestions
- try SAN-LAX, one way, mid-January, mid-week --- some have gotten 2K offers (but offers can change without notice)
- During the purchase process, you should be able to see the Award/Premier Accelerator offers on the same page as the travel Insurance offer.

Therehavebeen some reports the PQM per mile has gotten more expensive in the last couple of days -- which is common although it has been earlier in December in previous years.

Thanks for that information! Unfortunately, when I tried SAN-LAX mid January and mid week, I got the same offer will look to try again tomorrow. I still can't see the offer until I purchase it for some reason, those options are not popping up for me before purchase.

Thanks!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:35 am

Actually, just did Denver to Colorado Springs, selected first class flight and got an option for 1k! So that did the trick for me!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:41 am

Actually, just did Denver to Colorado Springs, selected first class flight and got an option for 1k! So that did the trick for me!
What was the cpm (the cost in cents per mile) for the RDMs and PQMs.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What was the cpm (the cost in cents per mile) for the RDMs and PQMs.
it was $25 for 1000 RDM and $80 for 1000 PQM
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:57 am

Excellent rate for this time of the year,
What threashold did it qualify your for?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Thank you for the suggestion to use SAN-LAX. Unfortunately, I was still offered 5K or 10K RDMs/PQMs. I can't wrap my head around having to pay for 5K PQMs when I only need 700...

Did you choose one way or return? I just chose one way and was still only offered 5K RDM/PQMs for $575.

Ugh! I chose both one way and return and still was only offered 5K for $575.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 21, 2018 at 1:57 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:55 am

Ugh! I chose both one way and return and still was only offered 5K for $575.
Make sure you select first class
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
What is the typical CPM earlier in year before they increase pricing?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Make sure you select first class
Yes, I did. Same offer of 5K. Boo!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yes, I did. Same offer of 5K. Boo!
Maybe clear the cookies.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:33 pm

Just checked in for my IAH-EWR flight tomorrow and the offer was a little confusing. I think the "Double" and "Triple" miles headers were flipped
Either way it was $125 for 5K and 500 for PQM
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:10 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I just got 4k & 2k PQM offers, for $500 & $250 respectively, booking LAX-SAN flights (in either Y or F) for random dates in Jan, Feb & Mar. FWIW, I'm currently MP Gold with 38k PQMs this year so far.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.